Air Tahiti Nui Strike and air/cruise package

coolbluegreenseas

Air Tahiti Nui is currently in the middle of a cabin crew strike. Unfortunately, information is sparse but what is out there does indicate this could go on for sometime. I am on the August 17th Tahiti cruise and chose to book the air through Windstar. I know there is still time, but I have found alternate flights using Air France or United out of SFO. If this strike drags out, I will probably look to cancel TN for AF or United. With that being said, does anyone know how Windstar will handle this or will I more or less be on my own? I have trip insurance, so I can always lean on it. Also, any additional info concerning the strike that does not come from Reddit or Air Tahiti Nui would be lovely.

Thanks.

You should call Windstar, Having lived in France, the French strikes normally only last a few days except for the big one this spring about raising the retirement age. You have time, good your thinking of other arrangements now but you need to call WS asap. 

A post on another page yesterday, Windstar tried to rebook them on another airline and wasn’t able to. Their cruise was leaving today (flight would have arrived yesterday). They just ended up rebooking for January. 

Looks  like it started July 4 and currently ATN has flights cancelled through tomorrow at this time. 

https://crisis24.garda.com/alerts/2023/07/french-polynesia-indefinite-work-stoppage-by-unionized-air-tahiti-nui-cabin-crew-disrupting-flights-as-of-july-10-update-1

Thank you for the information. I have found the same news sources as mentioned above. There is something of a communication hole with this strike, but gleaning from the nuggets, it does not look like there is progress towards a resolution.  Since I am still 35 days out, I will see where this stands at the end of the week. If this looks like it is going to drag out, I will work with Windstar to get me on the AF flight from LAX. Or worst comes to worst, I do it myself.