CRYSTAL SERENITY COMPLETES SEA TRIALS

Keith1010

Crystal Serenity has achieved a key milestone as it moves closer to the July 31, 2023 Inaugural Sailing.

Please see press release from Crystal Cruises about the success of the recent sea trials of Crystal Serenity and the certification of the fire-resistant panels.

CRYSTAL SERENITY COMPLETES SEA TRIALS

MIAMI – July 10, 2023 – Crystal Serenity, the first ship to relaunch following the cruise line’s purchase by A&K Travel Group last year, successfully completed sea trials in anticipation of its inaugural cruise from Marseille, France, on July 31st.

Currently in the final stages of a refurbishment at Fincantieri shipyard in Trieste, Italy, the vessel had a full contingent of officers, technicians and engineers on board who thoroughly tested the ship’s navigation, technical and mechanical systems, and all passed inspection.  We have ensured that the fire-resistant panels were properly certified and not defective.

“Completing sea trials is one of the final milestones needed before we can officially return to service,” said Senior Vice President of Marine Operations Roberto Fazi. “We are proud of the entire team who helped get us to this day both on board and shoreside. We also want to thank our wonderful partners at Fincantieri who worked around the clock to deliver this beautiful ship on time and ready to welcome guests in just a few weeks.”

And, when guests board for the first time, they will find updated and larger suites with artisanal finishes, refreshed specialty dining venues and cutting-edge onboard wellness, including the completely renovated and renamed Aurōra Spa. Additionally, there is a new pickleball court and re-energized entertainment and events. What hasn’t changed is the exceptional service and one of the industry’s best staff-to-guest ratios. 

Following the July 31st cruise from Marseille, Crystal Serenity, will spend the rest of the summer in the Mediterranean before repositioning to North America in September for Canadian and Caribbean sailings for the remainder of 2023. The ship will also host the highly anticipated 2024 World Cruise.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, History&Wine said:

"We have ensured that the fire-resistant panels were properly certified and not defective."

Good news.  I have read that 15% of cruise ships currently sailing have this fault.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cruise-liner-launch-msc-explora-delayed-faulty-fire-panels-report-2023-7

Yes indeed an important point.

"We have ensured that the fire-resistant panels were properly certified and not defective."

Good news.  I have read that 15% of cruise ships currently sailing have this fault.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cruise-liner-launch-msc-explora-delayed-faulty-fire-panels-report-2023-7

"may have this fault"   no one knows, because it depends on when the panel did not meet the specs.

3 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

"may have this fault"   no one knows, because it depends on when the panel did not meet the specs.

Neither I nor the article stated the word "may".  Rather:

• Sources told the FT that 45 cruise ships globally were affected by the safety fault. 
  • That number equals about 15% of the global cruise ship fleet.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

Neither I nor the article stated the word "may".  Rather:

• Sources told the FT that 45 cruise ships globally were affected by the safety fault. 
  • That number equals about 15% of the global cruise ship fleet.

Yes unnamed sources.... 

the Source is Paroc, the actual manufacturer of the panels:

"Paroc has identified 45 other cruise ships that have installed fire safety panels, listing Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas as one on their website. "

https://cruiseradio.net/fire-hazard-delay-cruise-ship-delivery-impacted/

More recent article says 45 ships, not 45 cruise ships. 

• Like 1

I am rejoicing that the sea trial was a success and that the fire-resistant panels were properly certified and not defective.

I feel bad about any other ships that are impacted along with their guests whose plans have been impacted but what is most important to myself and those on the first set of savings is this was a major milestone as Crystal Serenity returns to service and I hope that when it's Crystal Symphony's turn that all goes well for her too.

Keith

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I am rejoicing that the sea trial was a success and that the fire-resistant panels were properly certified and not defective.

I feel bad about any other ships that are impacted along with their guests whose plans have been impacted but what is most important to myself and those on the first set of savings is this was a major milestone as Crystal Serenity returns to service and I hope that when it's Crystal Symphony's turn that all goes well for her too.

Keith

yes , very good news   

you can start your counting to departure date ... if you are in Marseille before the cruise consider to visit the villages of Cassis or Bandol in that order  and try the local wines 

Cassis is not making red wine 

Still feeling sorry I could not book a C cruise this year due to "fully booked" -  and the time of easy cancellations  is gone on nearly all cruise companies  a few hundred $$$ or €€€ is the minumum for a cancellation those days . 

4 minutes ago, vistaman said:

yes , very good news   

you can start your counting to departure date ... if you are in Marseille before the cruise consider to visit the villages of Cassis or Bandol in that order  and try the local wines 

Cassis is not making red wine 

Still feeling sorry I could not book a C cruise this year due to "fully booked" -  and the time of easy cancellations  is gone on nearly all cruise companies  a few hundred $$$ or €€€ is the minumum for a cancellation those days . 

Thank you for the recommendations. I've just written them down. I know we visited Marseille just for the day in 2018  but didn't visit these villages.  And I always enjoy local wine.

Keith

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Thank you for the recommendations. I've just written them down. I know we visited Marseille just for the day in 2018  but didn't visit these villages.  And I always enjoy local wine.

Keith

In Bandol close to the sea there is a wine store Oenotheque de Bandol , where you can find nearly all the Bandol wines   - there is red Bandol  !

despite i will be on another luxurious ship I am quite unhappy i could not join Srenetity for  that new "maiden " voyage 

• Like 1

@vistamansaid "the time of easy cancellations  is gone on nearly all cruise companies  a few hundred $$$ or €€€ is the minimum for a cancellation those days ."

Yes, and those of us who  thought we were smart cancelling cruises during the Covid crisis lost cancellation fees ("Administrative fees") with no recourse. 

9 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

myself and those on the first set of savings is this was a major milestone

Freudian slip for getting to use the Exceptional Initiative credits??

🙂

Double reasons to be excited.  Awaiting my use of the credits as well.

Edited by FlyerTalker

5 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Freudian slip for getting to use the Exceptional Initiative credits??

🙂

Double reasons to be excited.  Awaiting my use of the credits as well.

As they say you can't make this stuff up.

I had another funny one in text today very similar to this where I described someone in a photo saying smoking instead of smiling. Now that was auto correct.  At least I hope so.

Keith

• Like 2