Hampton Inn Miami Brickell/Downtown

orla56

Hi, can anyone tell me the difference between a king room an an elite king room at this hotel. 

On Hotel.com a king room for 3 nts in April 24 is £526 ( 676$) An elite king is £663 (852$) A king studio suite is £708 (910$) Just wondering if it is worth upgrade.

I just stayed in a king elite room, it's up on a higher floor, has a Nespresso coffee maker and had a couple of snacks in it a basket.  There was a chocolate bar and 2 small bags of Sun chips. The views are nothing all that special as the building isn't that tall.  Some facing south do see a sliver of water and face Coral Way/13th.  Those facing north (12th) face the condo building Axis and some of the other Brickell buildings.    Funny thing is I was able to see our old condo building on Brickell Ave from our room.

4 hours ago, orla56 said:

Thank you for your reply LHT28.

There is plenty of info about the rooms but I can't see any mention of the elite rooms. Is it on another page? 

if you do a mock booking  it will show the different  categories of the rooms  & amenities

Thank you for your replies. Not sure I think they're worth the extra. 

You can buy drinks and snacks, I don't like Nespresso coffee much and if there's no view there's no point. 😆  

Edited by orla56

If you want a view  try Intercontinental  you can see the ships ask for  a port view

There are other hotels on the other side of the port as well

I am not sure of the names  though

On 7/10/2023 at 3:13 PM, orla56 said:

Hi, can anyone tell me the difference between a king room an an elite king room at this hotel. 

On Hotel.com a king room for 3 nts in April 24 is £526 ( 676$) An elite king is £663 (852$) A king studio suite is £708 (910$) Just wondering if it is worth upgrade.

Those prices are outrageous!  More than I am paying for my entire cruise with a balcony!

41 minutes ago, basketballdad said:

Those prices are outrageous!  More than I am paying for my entire cruise with a balcony!

You can't really compare hotel to cruise to flights.

$675 for "three" nights at this hotel...isn't bad. But I would check pricing as a member rates vs the 3rd party booking the OP is using.

Thank you for your replies.

I have a voucher to use for £390 with Hotels. com Ashland so I will book with them. I just wanted to know if it was worth paying the extra for the other rooms. 

LHT28 a view would be nice but I will be happy without it at the price. if I was paying more I would only do it if it benefited me and one of them might have been a view. 

Basketball I thought so but I've been told April is high season hence the prices. 

Edited by orla56
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2023 at 8:35 PM, basketballdad said:

The price isn't outrageous at all for a hotel in the Downtown of a major city.  It's also very close to Port Miami. During the height of season, that hotel goes for more and April is tourist season. 

Now the Four Seasons in Brickell would be $3858.95 for 3 nights including tax and resort fee, that's outrageous!!

• Haha 1