Cancelling booked shore excursions

Son of Bare

35 minutes ago, Son of Bare said:

Can I still book and cancel at a later stage if we change our minds...is there a cut off time after which PO charge a fee, or retain the full amount?

I would check the T&C's. It used to be that you could cancel up to 24 hours before without penalty, but things are fluid especially when it is to P&O's advantage. I have booked tours in the past and when a sold out tour had extra places added I have cancelled my booked tour to go on the new one.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

I would check the T&C's. It used to be that you could cancel up to 24 hours before without penalty, but things are fluid especially when it is to P&O's advantage. I have booked tours in the past and when a sold out tour had extra places added I have cancelled my booked tour to go on the new one.

24 hours.. thanks Phil.

Having just checked the T and C, refunds are given in full in most cases upto 3 days before sailing. Once onboard a 10% fee is now taken for cancellation and once within 48 hours of the trip the full amount is lost.

I'm sure there may be some leniency shown if cancelling onboard to then book another excursion, but from what I can see, currently thems the rules.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Son of Bare said:

Having just checked the T and C, refunds are given in full in most cases upto 3 days before sailing. Once onboard a 10% fee is now taken for cancellation and once within 48 hours of the trip the full amount is lost.

I'm sure there may be some leniency shown if cancelling onboard to then book another excursion, but from what I can see, currently thems the rules.

On Arcadia in June we wanted to cancel the "Gdansk on your own" trip the day before as we had discovered the timings and length of transfer.  Speaking with a member of the excursion team, we were able to cancel with a full refund, (which we did),  as they had people on the waitlist, so could re-sell the tickets.

Not sure if that would always happen though, even if they did have a waitlist.  Normally rules are rules as you say.

Edited by tring