Cunard to South America.

MrsPeel55

is NY the only crossing?

I know they have South American itineraries but not sure if they make you fly somewhere?

It was £3000 business class to Bs As with British Airways last year (as I need a direct flight taking that is almost 16 hours) and then we had the fares to Brasil after 3 weeks, which means they charge the International even though the countries are Mercosur, we go to 3 cities in Brazil, domestic flights there are relatively cheap for us,  and then fly to Uruguay, all the within South America we do in Premium economy as none of those flights are longer than a  couple of hours...

but, oh , my.....if we could go with the QM2 (or any Cunard ship? but I think she is the only transatlantic ship?) anywhere to South America, it would be a dream.... 

also, do any of you know, if one books Southampton to Southampton in the crossing, can one stay in the ship  that day before returning or is it compulsory to get of the ship? we have been countless times to NYC, long story short, (apart from the fact that the wheelchair would make it exhausting) I would go for sailing the 14 days, every post here keeps making me more excited about booking it, but if we could go to South America ...that would be perfect!!!!

1 minute ago, Winifred 22 said:

You have to get off as the passenger count has to be zero. I am going on a Cunard arranged excursion for a few hours. You also still need an Esta. 

excuse my ignorance, what is an Esta?

The Queen Victoria is doing a South America Grand Voyage which goes all the way around South America. You can do it from Southampton which is a 78 day cruise, Jan 9 2025 to Mar. 28 2025. There are other ports that you can start or stop some in the USA and some in South America with shorter durations

• Like 1

2 hours ago, busmech said:

The Queen Victoria is doing a South America Grand Voyage which goes all the way around South America. You can do it from Southampton which is a 78 day cruise, Jan 9 2025 to Mar. 28 2025. There are other ports that you can start or stop some in the USA and some in South America with shorter durations

@busmech thanks, but as this was transported from anoither thread.... I'm not looking for a South American cruise....

I was looking for a crossing that would go from Southampton to an east coast city in South America, as in replacing flying with a Cunard crossing, so we would not need to fly, which these days takes a toll in my health 🙂

2 hours ago, busmech said:

oh Apologies, I read too fast, if we could leave from Southampton and stop in a city without needing to carry on all the 78 days, I think you may have found me the solution!!!!

Thanks!!! will get my daughter to have a look 🙂

• Like 1

@surreymum thanks,  I saw it, also the full on trip stops in Salvador, which would be great as we go to a small town south of Salvador off Porto Seguro, 

thing is, I need to speak to them to see if they would sell us only that part of the trip..... ideal for us would be disembark in either of the east coast cities, Fortaleza, Salvador or Rio, that would made my year.... will try find out iof they can sell only part of the trip! 🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

@surreymum thanks,  I saw it, also the full on trip stops in Salvador, which would be great as we go to a small town south of Salvador off Porto Seguro, 

thing is, I need to speak to them to see if they would sell us only that part of the trip..... ideal for us would be disembark in either of the east coast cities, Fortaleza, Salvador or Rio, that would made my year.... will try find out iof they can sell only part of the trip! 🙂

I wouldn't be surprised if they said it had to be Rio as some ports are not capable of doing immigration and have permission to off load passengers in that particular port but there is no harm in asking.

• Like 2

@roscoe39 thanks , yes, most definitely!!!

Rio does it too, only if it was Salvador, it would be all coherent, ending up in Buenos Aires to then come back to London.

Haven't called them yet as my daughter is trying to work out what dates would be possible, want to have a clear idea of what we can do so we can book straight away 🙂

We will be on QV in September, the idea was to book next sailing on board, but seeing how the cabin categories we want go faster, think we will do it asap 🙂  we thought next would be Japan, but after hanging around here for a while, now we are both tempted to go for a crossing 🙂

• Like 1