Muster Drill

CJANDH

On 7/14/2023 at 12:47 AM, david63 said:

I have read elsewhere that now Covid restrictions have been removed that full muster drills have to be done periodically for the benefit of the crew.

I think that is confused. Muster drills are required for the passengers. Other emergency drills (always pre-announced, not involving passengers, and apparently not all the same) are for the crew.

8 hours ago, pavementends said:

I think that is confused. Muster drills are required for the passengers. Other emergency drills (always pre-announced, not involving passengers, and apparently not all the same) are for the crew.

Not confused at all. All passengers have always had to do muster drill but since Covid these have not involved going and sitting in the muster station which has meant that the crew did not have to perform a full muster drill. In order to keep the crew up to date (remembering that the crew are constantly changing) it is now a requirement that a full muster drill is periodically carried out.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:05 AM, david63 said:

Not confused at all. All passengers have always had to do muster drill but since Covid these have not involved going and sitting in the muster station which has meant that the crew did not have to perform a full muster drill. In order to keep the crew up to date (remembering that the crew are constantly changing) it is now a requirement that a full muster drill is periodically carried out.

Any idea how frequently? Where did you find the new requirement? There was a lot of chatter about muster drill on several boards some months back and it seemed as though most cruise lines had kept the e-drill (even those that reverted to full mustering after the pandemic switched back to e-muster after bad customer reaction). If there is now a new regulation, I am surprised there has not been more comment on other boards too.