Atlantis Aquaventure Day Pass

CroNich

Hi there,

My Oasis cruise in January stops at Nassau, and my friend and I are keen to go to Atlantis. At the moment the tour prices are around $200pp on the Royal app. Is there an option to book directly with the resort or another agency that would make it cheaper. $200 seems like a lot for a day at a waterpark with a dozen slides. 

Many thanks 

Edited by CroNich

I don't remember the details but when we looked into going to the Atlantis water park there was some weird loophole where you could book a room with their partner hotel- which was across the street or something like that- and you would get free admission to the water park for something like up to 4 people.  The rooms weren't necessarily "cheap" (I think around 300-400) but they were cheaper than taking a family to Atlantis on a day pass either through the ship or directly through the resort.  So you'd go to the hotel in the morning, "check in," and they'd give you your pass to enter the park.  I believe it's still a thing, I just can't remember which hotel it is.  If you google it you shouldn't have too much trouble finding what I'm talking about.  I suppose as a bonus you'd have a hotel room you could go hang out in and shower, etc. at the end of your stay before getting back on the ship, but I think most people never actually step foot in their hotel room.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fac429 said:

I don't remember the details but when we looked into going to the Atlantis water park there was some weird loophole where you could book a room with their partner hotel- which was across the street or something like that- and you would get free admission to the water park for something like up to 4 people.  The rooms weren't necessarily "cheap" (I think around 300-400) but they were cheaper than taking a family to Atlantis on a day pass either through the ship or directly through the resort.  So you'd go to the hotel in the morning, "check in," and they'd give you your pass to enter the park.  I believe it's still a thing, I just can't remember which hotel it is.  If you google it you shouldn't have too much trouble finding what I'm talking about.  I suppose as a bonus you'd have a hotel room you could go hang out in and shower, etc. at the end of your stay before getting back on the ship, but I think most people never actually step foot in their hotel room.

We went to Atlantis through comfort suites once, the next time it was actually cheaper through the cruise line. Recent reports stated it’s no longer an option, but a phone call can clear that up.

1 minute ago, mjkacmom said:

We went to Atlantis through comfort suites once, the next time it was actually cheaper through the cruise line. Recent reports stated it’s no longer an option, but a phone call can clear that up.

Last I saw they changed the fine print to where it was no longer feasible to use it as a quasi day pass.

10 hours ago, fac429 said:

you cannot book the comfort suites for 1 night anymore. 

1 hour ago, maketime4cruisin said:

you cannot book the comfort suites for 1 night anymore. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

You still can, just that no longer includes Atlantis.

Their website still advertises free access to Atlantis, and I tried doing a mock booking for one night in December and it was going to let me do it.  There's a disclaimer on their website saying that you won't get access to Aquaventure if you book on the same day as your stay, but if you book in advance it looks like you still would.  I'd be curious to know if anyone has done this recently, as I'm sure we'll be going back to Nassau at some point and have thought about it as an option.

On 7/15/2023 at 8:33 AM, CroNich said:

Hi there,

My Oasis cruise in January stops at Nassau, and my friend and I are keen to go to Atlantis. At the moment the tour prices are around $200pp on the Royal app. Is there an option to book directly with the resort or another agency that would make it cheaper. $200 seems like a lot for a day at a waterpark with a dozen slides. 

Many thanks 

If you book this, be prepared for an UNGODLY long line at the pier waiting for the vans to pick up those who are going to Atlantis. It is a major PIA to get there and the vans hold 8-10 people each. When we went last November, we waited in line over an hour to get the van, and then waited in another line at the entrance to Atlantis. We decided to leave early to go back to the ship, so we took a cab. PRO TIP: The cabs do not accept credit cards and we had no cash on us...so that was another fun experience. Hubs had to run back to the ship while my daughter and I waited on the street in Nassau with the cab driver who was furious with us....It was totally dumb of us to not have brought cash with us, but Atlantis is cashless and so we thought we wouldn't need it.  $40 from Atlantis to Downtown Nassau. The waterpark is actually a lot of fun. The lazy river is one of the best we've ever enjoyed - and the park was not too crowded once you got inside.

On 7/15/2023 at 9:33 AM, CroNich said:

Hi there,

Many thanks 

Check out Atlantis's website directly to see what the price is, you can get a cab for $5/person from the pier. Note, this price will increase as the date gets closer, so book early if you want to go.

On 7/15/2023 at 9:54 AM, maketime4cruisin said:

I would suggest baha bay water park. I have been to both and i prefer baha bay

I second this. Baha Mar is cheaper, newer, and nicer IMO. It doesn't have as many slides as Atlantis, but if you aren't going with children, I think you should check out Baha Mar. Even if you are going with children, Baha Mar still offers slides and many different pools for children.

On 7/15/2023 at 9:51 AM, mjkacmom said:

It used to be available for around $100 but those days are gone. ETA, it’s not like any other waterpark I’ve ever been to.

Yes, those days are long gone. I was surprised how much it cost when we went back to Atlantis for the first time in about 5-6 years, crazy that they charge that much now especially since the park is basically the same.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, fac429 said:

Their website still advertises free access to Atlantis, and I tried doing a mock booking for one night in December and it was going to let me do it.  There's a disclaimer on their website saying that you won't get access to Aquaventure if you book on the same day as your stay, but if you book in advance it looks like you still would.  I'd be curious to know if anyone has done this recently, as I'm sure we'll be going back to Nassau at some point and have thought about it as an option.

Our tour guide in March was telling us about this option. I sure hope they're not spewing that info if it's not true. 

• 5 months later...

Checking things out, it seems the Comfort Suites option is still doable, as long as it's not reserved same day. For anyone's who's used this method in the past, will they let you check in first thing in the morning? Looks like the official check in time isn't until 3pm. Will they give you the wristbands early?

Just trying to avoid any day-of issues if we choose to go this route. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I called comfort suites today and the worker was cryptic saying “all I can say is our check in is at 3 pm and you will have to talk to the front desk on the day of arrival”.  They would not say yes you will get a wrist band the morning of checkin or even if it is a possibility.  So that has me feeling like I should spend 40% more and book through cruise line …