Mediterranean in Early June

luv2camp04

We are booked on the Equinox June, 4 2024.  For those of you that have cruised in early June, how's the weather and crowds?  Our ports are Rome, Naples, La Spezia, Santa Margherita, Cannes, Marseilles, Barcelona.  I know a lot of the outdoor sites have little shade.  We are from Arizona so we know heat, but I'm looking for first hand knowledge of these areas in EARLY June.

Thanks so much!!

6 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

We are booked on the Equinox June, 4 2024.  For those of you that have cruised in early June, how's the weather and crowds?  Our ports are Rome, Naples, La Spezia, Santa Margherita, Cannes, Marseilles, Barcelona.  I know a lot of the outdoor sites have little shade.  We are from Arizona so we know heat, but I'm looking for first hand knowledge of these areas in EARLY June.

Thanks so much!!

We were in the Mediterranean in May/June of this year.  The weather was mild and pleasant. 

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I would rather do earlier March or April or later October or November, we went 7 years ago in mid September and it was way to hot walking around . 

We went in Oct. 2022 and it was too warm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2camp04 said:

i went on an early to mid June Mediterranean cruise, the weather was warm some days high 87 and some days high of 80. I was surprised the beach in Mykonos was cold, but the sand and setting were awesome. 

Thanks so much!!

My favourite time of the year for the western end of the

Mediterranean. I would describe it as warm and comfortable 

although these days with unpredictable weather patterns there

could be the odd hot day. The days are long which is a real

advantage but bear in mind that if you are planning on any

beach days the sea will still be somewhat cool. Have a good 

time. I think you have chosen a lovely itinerary.

• Like 1

We cruised the Med starting on June 3rd this year, so basically the same dates.  It was mild and really nice in terms of weather.  I was worried it would be too hot for me but it really was pleasant.  In Italy at all 3 ports we had sporadic showers, but they didn't last too long.  I'm not sure if that's normal or not for Italy, but it was quite pleasant there temperature wise.  Crowds were high, but probably not as high as they are now in July. 

6 hours ago, luv2camp04 said:

Thanks so much!!

I did a similar itinerary in beginning of June 2019.  It was very warm and no rain.  Average temperatures were around 86 degrees.  Some ports a bit cooler.  I’m from Vancouver, BC and not used to super hot weather so it was a bit hot for me but okay still.  Enjoy your trip!

I went on Reflection on June 3, 2022 out of Civitavecchia/Rome. The weather was very warm and sunny in the low 30's°C/around 90°F. The only place we got a little rain was in Messina, Sicily and Kotor, Montenegro. There were crowds in most places, particularly in Rome, Naples and Barcelona.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

11 hours ago, montythecat said:

My favourite time of the year for the western end of the

Mediterranean. I would describe it as warm and comfortable 

although these days with unpredictable weather patterns there

could be the odd hot day. The days are long which is a real

advantage but bear in mind that if you are planning on any

beach days the sea will still be somewhat cool. Have a good 

time. I think you have chosen a lovely itinerary.

Totally agree!

Our favourite time to visit the Mediterranean too. As you say the long evenings lend themselves to outside dining. Also agree the water will be cool. The summer season is in swing but not at its maximum so whilst busy most tourist sights are not heaving…

Definitely take a cardigan for evenings…