Drink pricing errors on my last cruise.

neverlaysup

Just booked and completed a last minute cruise on Millennium. We had the All Included booking so I just kept the Classic drink package and paid the difference when necessary. I noticed on this cruise that ANY COCKTAIL that I ordered over $10 was charged with as if the drink package was only up to $9.00. Essentially, we were overcharged $1.20 per drink (added gratuity). All Wines that were over the price were priced correctly. I had a few conversations with bartenders, Customer Service and left a few messages for the Food and Beverage Manager but this issue persisted for the entirety of the cruise. I know it's only a dollar but those dollars add up over time......just check your receipt's. 

• Thanks 1

I think the objection was that the limit had been recently raised to $10 from $9 , which on a drink of $12 , should be an excess charge of $2 + tip but the charge was $3 + tip based on the old limit.

Edited by killaypirate
  • Like 5

I assume they corrected your account but I do understand you are trying to warn others they if they haven't fixed the underlying computer charges they are still doing this to everyone.   Wow another extra revenue stream for Celebrity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you didn’t like the extra price why did you have them ? 🤔

I didn't care about the extra charge, the issue is that what I was charged WRONG. I ordered a Martini at the Martini Bar on Millie, they are $13.00 so I expected to pay $3.60 since I had the classic drink plan. The bill was for $4.80. This same scenario held true for every cocktail we ordered for the entire cruise.

Edited by neverlaysup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I assume they corrected your account but I do understand you are trying to warn others they if they haven't fixed the underlying computer charges they are still doing this to everyone.   Wow another extra revenue stream for Celebrity.

They either corrected at the bar by ringing us up for something else that met the price or said I would have to go to customer service. At customer service, their only way to correct it is to completely remove the charge. I told them they didn't have to and just adjust my account by the correct amount.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes, it's a warning to those with Classic Drink plans to check their receipt's when purchasing drinks that are over the Classic value. A dollar here and a dollar there suddenly equal hundreds of thousands of dollars in "extra" revenue at the expense of their customers.

Sometimes it happens that people are charged for laundry who shouldn’t be.  Or a coffee at Al Bacio.  Everyone should always watch their bills.Everyone should always watch their bills.  But that’s true everywhere, the grocery store, the dry cleaners, there’s nothing unique about the cruise industry.