Back to Back - Ijmudien, NL to Rotterdam, NL

CNSJ

Found a great deal on a Transatlantic on Zuiderdam from Fort Lauderdale to Ijmudien, NL in May 2025.  Although most HAL ships dock in Amsterdam proper or Rotterdam, Zuiderdam is crossing to Ijmudien which is about 30km west of Amsterdam on the North Sea Coast.  Our back to back has us shifting the same day to the Rotterdam, which leaves from Rotterdam.  Zuiderdam arrives at 7 am, Rotterdam departs at 3 pm.  

First glance says after arrival in Ijmudien to grab a taxi to Haarlem Train Station, then take train to Rotterdam Centraal Station and then a taxi to second ship.  

Anyone have other suggestions or ideas?  Anyone else doing same?

You could take a HAL disembarkation transfer to the airport/departures, then pick up a HAL transfer from the airport/arrivals to your next ship. 

Or, hire a car to take you from one port to the other. 

• Like 1

I'm on that TA with you but I'm staying in Haarlem and Amsterdam for a week after.  I just did an Uber estimate for the whole trip and they showed Euro 167!!  It looks like your taxi/train plan is a good one!!  See you on board!!

Here's a transportation site I find very helpful for comparisons. They show a bus to Haarlem but Taxi or Uber would also be my choice for simplicity.  

Rome2Rio: discover how to get anywhere

image.png.5cf1cffad9f28314945d6ef566ce63d4.png

~Nancy

Thanks All.  See you onboard Nancy!

It seems HAL is sold out of post cruise transfers as of now.  I'll see if they open up.  Taxi to Haarlem may cost a few $$ more, but I may avoid the rush/craziness at Schiphol!

Seems there are lots of trains Haarlem to Rotterdam.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You could take a HAL disembarkation transfer to the airport/departures, then pick up a HAL transfer from the airport/arrivals to your next ship. 

That’s exactly what we have planned for this same dilemma.  
I booked it all thru HAL so if there’s an issue, we’re covered. 
Post Rotterdam we will take private transportation to Amsterdam for a city stay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNSJ said:

Found a great deal on a Transatlantic on Zuiderdam from Fort Lauderdale to Ijmudien, NL in May 2025.  Although most HAL ships dock in Amsterdam proper or Rotterdam, Zuiderdam is crossing to Ijmudien which is about 30km west of Amsterdam on the North Sea Coast.  Our back to back has us shifting the same day to the Rotterdam, which leaves from Rotterdam.  Zuiderdam arrives at 7 am, Rotterdam departs at 3 pm.  

First glance says after arrival in Ijmudien to grab a taxi to Haarlem Train Station, then take train to Rotterdam Centraal Station and then a taxi to second ship.  

Anyone have other suggestions or ideas?  Anyone else doing same?

I would stick to your original plan.