Celebrity Gift Cards

Cruzinram

48 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

Celebrity gift cards can only be use for new bookings, including final payment Gift card amount caps out at $1000 per cabin.

I believe that this policy has changed.  There has been discussion on this board about it and I know that you can use the gift cards after you have booked.  I don’t trust what Celebrity tells you.  My cruise is a way off.  I will call them again before I buy more than the $500. I purchased for a solo cabin.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I phoned and was told it is not for new bookings only.  The issue is how much one can use.  It was $1000 per double cabin, but people have written here that they have changed that.

I'm the OP of that thread and can indeed confirm there is no longer a limit.

Also, it can be used for any cruise you haven't made final payment on.

That being said, there seems to be one huge drawback...if you cancel the cruise you don't get back whatever you paid in GCs. Yes, seems insane...this is discussed in depth on that thread...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 6:17 PM, alyssamma said:

I'm the OP of that thread and can indeed confirm there is no longer a limit.

Also, it can be used for any cruise you haven't made final payment on.

That being said, there seems to be one huge drawback...if you cancel the cruise you don't get back whatever you paid in GCs. Yes, seems insane...this is discussed in depth on that thread...

Let me just share what I just received in an email from Celebrity, where I asked the specific question about the use of gift cards and what happens should *you* (not Celebrity) cancel the booking:

Regarding your inquiry, under a cancellation case the amount of the gift card would be refunded to the original form of payment, unless reservation faces penalty, if that is the case the amount would be withheld as part of the penalty payment.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Let me just share what I just received in an email from Celebrity, where I asked the specific question about the use of gift cards and what happens should *you* (not Celebrity) cancel the booking:

Regarding your inquiry, under a cancellation case the amount of the gift card would be refunded to the original form of payment, unless reservation faces penalty, if that is the case the amount would be withheld as part of the penalty payment.

Thanks for this. Kind of upsetting there are different answers but maybe they needed some time to figure out things...