Princess and Amex offers

cusematt4

10 minutes ago, Reckoning said:

ok thanks was hoping it was there was going to book a sun princess cruise for November and saw that and was hoping!. THen i thought maybe get some carnival gift cards but cant find those now.

Also if i book it and then they come out with the offer is it retroactive or only at time of payment?

Only at the time of the payment.  You mark it on your Amex account beforehand and then make a payment with your Amex card.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Platinum had the spend $700 get $175 credit. 

I always add any cruise offer, even if I wont use it. I continue to get targeted for cruise offers since they see I am interested in cruising. Add them ASAP as these are limited.

I have used the 20K points spend 1K offer for RCL and Have used the $250 cash back for NCL. Finally able to use my Princess offer (first time Princess cruiser 🙂 ) Saw a great itinerary and price for a NYE cruise, so pulled the trigger!

Credited 2 days later! (yes I use all of my AMEX perks 🙂 )

Now the catch is it needs to be a 1 time $700 charge and has to be billed as Princess Cruises (website, phone or your local TA)

image.png.3f18c6dacf09c0b47409fb43882e80ca.png

My platinum had spend $700  or more and get 17,500 points.  First time for the points and not credit. 

• Like 2

Has anyone successfully used the spend $700 get $175 cash back on a Princess shore excursion? I just booked one for over 1k so meets the criteria, but didn't get any kind of email from AmEx saying that I redeemed the offer. Sounds like I need to give it a few days?

On 1/23/2024 at 5:10 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

My platinum had spend $700  or more and get 17,500 points.  First time for the points and not credit. 

I would have preferred the points. Used Gold card. But I don't turn down $175 😀

Edited by frugaltravel

7 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Has anyone successfully used the spend $700 get $175 cash back on a Princess shore excursion? I just booked one for over 1k so meets the criteria, but didn't get any kind of email from AmEx saying that I redeemed the offer. Sounds like I need to give it a few days?

If you still have it in your offers that you have added to your card, read the fine print.  If I recall, it wasn't good for excursions but needed to be used for payment of the cruise but I could very well be incorrect on that. 

14 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I got an email this morning saying that I used the offer, so will see if the $175 cash back posts or not. I did notice that excursions are listed as not applicable but hopefully it will still work...

If you got the email, then you should be getting the cash back.  I got the email on Monday and received the promotion into my account the next day this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

If you got the email, then you should be getting the cash back.  I got the email on Monday and received the promotion into my account the next day this week.

I called and they said they was no more but I hear about people still getting it, very frustrating 

7 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

are there offers right now?

Our Platinum Amex has not had a Princess offer in over a year.  Their algorithm decides who gets whatever offers your account receives.  So, not all accounts get the same offers.

Edited by LACruiser88