Ncl schedule vs port schedule

Susandt

The only thing that is correct is the cruise line advertised schedule. What the ports say, which are sometimes tourist sites, is totally irrelevant. 

Until the cruise line changes their published itinerary, it is not real. 

• Haha 1

The cruise port schedule often has port changes before the cruise line advises passengers, I've come to trust them more than NCL. 

But it has to be the official site for that port, not some third party site that gathers port information for future cruises and doesn't update it.

In your case, the official port site is https://gls.portstmaarten.sx/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

That currently shows the Viva will be there on the 12th, not 14th.

36 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

The cruise port schedule often has port changes before the cruise line advises passengers, I've come to trust them more than NCL. 

But it has to be the official site for that port, not some third party site that gathers port information for future cruises and doesn't update it.

In your case, the official port site is https://gls.portstmaarten.sx/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

That currently shows the Viva will be there on the 12th, not 14th.

I agree.....will take the official port site schedule over the NCL schedule.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob_H said:

I totally agree with you. I trust the official port web site schedule more than what a cruise line is saying. It’s not just NCL. Cruise lines are often slow to notify guests of itinerary changes, but the ports know what ships are going to dock there and when. 

• Like 1

Use the port schedule posted on the ports website. Over and again members have noted what appear to be discrepancies to have NCL eventually get around to informing passengers. Often times, the NCL website is even more delayed in being accurate and up to date.

11 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Use the port schedule posted on the ports website. Over and again members have noted what appear to be discrepancies to have NCL eventually get around to informing passengers. Often times, the NCL website is even more delayed in being accurate and up to date.

On my cruise, one port and the morning of another were cancelled after final payment to help the environment the month before we sailed.  The NCL website reflected the original itinerary for an entire month.  Passengers who called NCL were told the original itinerary listed on the website was correct.  

Just keep an eye on the official port schedule, and check any private vendors cancellation policies prior to booking (or check your trip insurance or credit card coverage prior to booking independent excursions).

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

Wait a month or so .... methinks the Port St. Maarten may need to update their port schedule for March 2024.

NCL, Cruisemapper and Cruisetimetables have the Viva in St. Maarten on March 15th 2024 (not 12th or 14th).