White Nights and Polynisian Nights

saltrip

On these 2 special nights are nice shorts and sandals allowed for men? What do people usually wear on the white themed nights? I wasn't aware of that one until I got my package from Paul Gauguin the other day which is very nice by the way. I love the zipper pouch with the manta ray.

41 minutes ago, saltrip said:

On these 2 special nights are nice shorts and sandals allowed for men? What do people usually wear on the white themed nights? I wasn't aware of that one until I got my package from Paul Gauguin the other day which is very nice by the way. I love the zipper pouch with the manta ray.

Nope ... no shorts or sandals unless the dinning venue manage gives you permission ... unlikely but you can ask  ... more likely in 'Le Grille'.

I would say only about half wear all white ...  

Pictured is typical Polynesian night wear ...

DSC00792.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

5 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Nope ... no shorts or sandals unless the dinning venue manage gives you permission ... unlikely but you can ask  ... more likely in 'Le Grille'.

I would say only about half wear all white ...  

Thanks!

5 hours ago, saltrip said:

When is your cruise?  Just wondering how long before departure you get your 'package'?

8 hours ago, saltrip said:

I wasn't aware of that one until I got my package from Paul Gauguin the other day which is very nice by the way. I love the zipper pouch with the manta ray.

Wait...I thought PG wasn't sending anything through snail mail?? I could have sworn I read that they weren't sending hard copies of anything.

In fact I just went and looked at the email I received from my TA regarding final payment, and I see this:

TICKET DELIVERY ADDRESS:  Due to enhanced safety protocols and environmentally-friendly initiatives, until further notice, Paul Gauguin Cruises will be issuing electronic documents instead of traditional paper documents for upcoming cruise voyages.

So what are they sending via snail mail? My problem is that I don't have an address to receive any hard copies. We live on a sailboat currently cruising around Mexico, and we don't have a permanent address. 

Question: did what you received come directly from PG Cruises, or from your TA? 

Also...I didn't know about White Nights either! Thanks...now I know to pack something white, which I probably wouldn't have packed. 😁 I do have a great Polynesian dress for Polynesian night - I had one made for me in the Market in Papeete many years ago, before my first PG cruise. I haven't had too many opportunities to wear it, so I'm happy to be coming back on the PG so I can get some use out of it!

1 hour ago, Leejnd4 said:

Wait...I thought PG wasn't sending anything through snail mail?? I could have sworn I read that they weren't sending hard copies of anything.

In fact I just went and looked at the email I received from my TA regarding final payment, and I see this:

TICKET DELIVERY ADDRESS:  Due to enhanced safety protocols and environmentally-friendly initiatives, until further notice, Paul Gauguin Cruises will be issuing electronic documents instead of traditional paper documents for upcoming cruise voyages.

So what are they sending via snail mail? My problem is that I don't have an address to receive any hard copies. We live on a sailboat currently cruising around Mexico, and we don't have a permanent address. 

Question: did what you received come directly from PG Cruises, or from your TA? 

Also...I didn't know about White Nights either! Thanks...now I know to pack something white, which I probably wouldn't have packed. 😁 I do have a great Polynesian dress for Polynesian night - I had one made for me in the Market in Papeete many years ago, before my first PG cruise. I haven't had too many opportunities to wear it, so I'm happy to be coming back on the PG so I can get some use out of it!

I recieved the package from Paul Gauguin, I booked directly with them. The book has my luggage tags, information about the cruise, deck plans and other information. I didn't know about the White Night until I saw it in the information, it's only on cruises 9 days or longer.  I just ordered a white Hawaiian shirt for my husband, I have a white dress I was going to bring anyway. 

20230722_222516.jpg

20230722_222459.jpg

20230722_222528 (2).jpg

@saltrip Thanks for that info. Our cruise is 10 days so we'll have a White Nights, I presume. 🙂 

We booked with a TA, who is aware of our inability to receive hard-copy mail. But just to be safe I sent him an email tonight asking him to confirm that we won't be missing anything important by not receiving this packet. We will have to obtain luggage tags at the ship, as we have no way to get them in advance.

3 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

@saltrip Thanks for that info. Our cruise is 10 days so we'll have a White Nights, I presume. 🙂 

We booked with a TA, who is aware of our inability to receive hard-copy mail. But just to be safe I sent him an email tonight asking him to confirm that we won't be missing anything important by not receiving this packet. We will have to obtain luggage tags at the ship, as we have no way to get them in advance.

That shouldn't be a problem for you. The package was nice, but nothing you couldn't do without. I know they have luggage tags at the dock.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, saltrip said:

That shouldn't be a problem for you. The package was nice, but nothing you couldn't do without. I know they have luggage tags at the dock.

Thanks! Good to know...I won't worry about it then.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise - and if you're so inclined, please leave a review when it's done. A few of the most recent reviews seem to have been written by disgruntled people and are not representative of the PG that I remember, or that people are describing here in the forums. And of course I'm eager to read anything and everything about the PG as I impatiently wait for my own cruise! 😁

20 hours ago, mermaid 285 said:

Ours is later on in August maybe we'll get something in the mail soon. Have a great time! 

I was wondering the same. Got an email with our “tickets” last week but nothing yet on the mail. 

19 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

I was wondering the same. Got an email with our “tickets” last week but nothing yet on the mail. 

We recieved the emailed documents about 2 weeks before we got the package in the mail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got off the ship a few days ago. We did not know about white night or Polynesian night ahead of time and did not pack accordingly. On white night it seemed maybe half the passengers had gotten the memo and were wearing white. On Polynesian night more people were dressed in Hawaiian shirts etc but we did not feel out of place without them. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:01 AM, saltrip said:

I saw this posted on the Daily Activities thread from a recent PG cruise. Looks like shorts are permitted during Polynesian night. 

IMG_1496.png

• Like 2