Club Orange - how to add?

bebe08

On 8/1/2023 at 10:06 AM, kazu said:

To add to what has been just posted:

Since you are booking it for the dining, I’m guessing you are on a Pinnacle Class ship.  That being the case, it is “open” dining and you may or may not have the same table each night.  I found they made sure you were ok with the table.

there are around 4-5 servers who all take care of you.  They all get to know you and if you have a waiter you prefer, you can ask to be seated in their area.

I was used to fixed dining and found this experience very similar.  I liked it enough to book it again for this October and I only booked it for the dining room although the special line at guest services doesn’t hurt 😉  (I’m not going to join the crowd raving about the bag & special key card 😂).

Not sure what “prime” dining time is for you.  I asked the first night when the best times were to come.  For the first 5 days I was solo and either ate alone and 1 night shared a table.  Those nights I dined earlier - 5 - 5:30 PM.  After that friends joined me on the cruise and we dined at 6:30 usually.  We didn’t have a wait on any of the nights.  My friends use CO a lot so I suspect they also asked about the good time to come.

Hi,

Yes I should have mentioned our cruise is on the Koningsdam.  For me "prime" time would probably be 7:00pm.  We have done open seating only twice on all of our cruises (only because our friends that were with us insisted 🙂 ) and based on that experience that seems when everyone would go to dinner. 

The one and only time we were on the Koningsdam wasn't the best experience even for fixed dining, seemed noisy and chaotic (although this was in the 1st year of when the ship was launched).

Based on your comments I think I'll see what the cost would be for our trip and see if it is available.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was looking at menus today for the Koingsdam in the Navigator app and in addition to the one special entree each night, I see the Club Orange dining room menu also has a 12 oz New York strip steak each night, that the MDR does not have. We will be on the K'Dam in November in CO.

25 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I was looking at menus today for the Koingsdam in the Navigator app and in addition to the one special entree each night, I see the Club Orange dining room menu also has a 12 oz New York strip steak each night, that the MDR does not have. We will be on the K'Dam in November in CO.

That sounds great.

We are on the Koningsdam in April next year.  I just added CO to our reservation.  We are excited to try it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilv4cruising said:

Hi,

Yes I should have mentioned our cruise is on the Koningsdam.  For me "prime" time would probably be 7:00pm.  We have done open seating only twice on all of our cruises (only because our friends that were with us insisted 🙂 ) and based on that experience that seems when everyone would go to dinner. 

The one and only time we were on the Koningsdam wasn't the best experience even for fixed dining, seemed noisy and chaotic (although this was in the 1st year of when the ship was launched).

Based on your comments I think I'll see what the cost would be for our trip and see if it is available.

Thanks for the feedback.

Assuming you do get Club Orange - this is what I learned.  Talk to them at CO and ask for the best times to come.  In my case it was 5’ish, 6:30’ish and 8 pm.

It may well be that 6:45 or 7 will work without worrying about waiting.  

I never waited for a table by following his recommendations except one time for breakfast for about 5 minutes (with a cup of coffee delivered to me by CO).

For me, it was a good solution and much better than the MDR on that ship. I did eat there for one dinner and one lunch with friends.  I was SO glad I had the CO dining room.

21 hours ago, kazu said:

Assuming you do get Club Orange - this is what I learned.  Talk to them at CO and ask for the best times to come.  In my case it was 5’ish, 6:30’ish and 8 pm.

It may well be that 6:45 or 7 will work without worrying about waiting.  

I never waited for a table by following his recommendations except one time for breakfast for about 5 minutes (with a cup of coffee delivered to me by CO).

For me, it was a good solution and much better than the MDR on that ship. I did eat there for one dinner and one lunch with friends.  I was SO glad I had the CO dining room.

I did manage to get Club Orange :).  That info is very helpful.  Normally we are happy with the MDR but our  one time on the Koningsdam we weren't impressed, although that might have changed since this was a number of years ago and pre-pandemic. 

I think this is a great solution for our trip, especially since we have a lot of sea days. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ilv4cruising said:

I did manage to get Club Orange :).  That info is very helpful.  Normally we are happy with the MDR but our  one time on the Koningsdam we weren't impressed, although that might have changed since this was a number of years ago and pre-pandemic. 

I think this is a great solution for our trip, especially since we have a lot of sea days. 

Yay!  I was just on the Koningsdam in Dec/23 to Jan/24 and had one dinner and one lunch in the MDR.  NOT impressed.  I was so glad I had Club Orange.

I think you will be too 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Yay!  I was just on the Koningsdam in Dec/23 to Jan/24 and had one dinner and one lunch in the MDR.  NOT impressed.  I was so glad I had Club Orange.

Thanks. We are excited to try it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kazu said:

Why we got CO for our November K'Dam cruise.