Last morning luggage

Just looking for some advice.  It's been several years since we last cruised.  We have a late morning flight with airport transfer through Royal.  The flight was also booked through Air2Sea. Should we carry our own luggage off or put it out the night before? We've done the airport transfers with Royal before, but I can't remember if the porters get our luggage to put on the bus or if we have to get it once it's off ship. TIA

You have to get your own luggage and take it through customs.  Then you take it to the bus and the driver will load it onto the bus.  He will also unload it at the airport.  So to answer your question, it depends on how much and how heavy your luggage is. You'll also have your carry-on which you kept the night before for your nightclothes and necessities.

• Like 1

The airport transfers are scheduled departure groups so normally you will get the tags for the early or late group as determined by your flight times (they have you do a survey on the app about 3 days before departure).  That said, buses depart when they fill.  If lots of people do walk-offs buses will start leaving even before the first scheduled group gets out of the terminal.  Really depends on when you want to head for the airport.

Also, if in Miami or Fort Lauderdale you can sign up to have the cruise line give you your boarding passes and airline tag your luggage (again a survey, around $25pp).  Luggage is put out the night before and the next you see it is at your final airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Also, if in Miami or Fort Lauderdale you can sign up to have the cruise line give you your boarding passes and airline tag your luggage (again a survey, around $25pp).  Luggage is put out the night before and the next you see it is at your final airport.

This is Luggage Valet and I don't believe they have started doing it again since the Covid shutdown.  I've sailed from both ports a lot and have not been offered Luggage Valet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LeeW said:

The airport transfers are scheduled departure groups so normally you will get the tags for the early or late group as determined by your flight times (they have you do a survey on the app about 3 days before departure).  That said, buses depart when they fill.  If lots of people do walk-offs buses will start leaving even before the first scheduled group gets out of the terminal.  Really depends on when you want to head for the airport.

We will be in a European port so I'm not sure if those are different than US ports.

1 hour ago, Anton said:

This is Luggage Valet and I don't believe they have started doing it again since the Covid shutdown.  I've sailed from both ports a lot and have not been offered Luggage Valet.

This has restarted. We were given the option on our 7/1-7/8 Adventure of seas cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jbluebird said:

Just looking for some advice.  It's been several years since we last cruised.  We have a late morning flight with airport transfer through Royal.  The flight was also booked through Air2Sea. Should we carry our own luggage off or put it out the night before? We've done the airport transfers with Royal before, but I can't remember if the porters get our luggage to put on the bus or if we have to get it once it's off ship. TIA

Unless you plan to be first off (i.e., before they start calling groups), then let the porters take your bags off the ship. In the baggage hall, you must collect your own bags and clear customs. You take your bags in line for the transfer bus, wait in line, and hand your bags over to the driver when you get to the bus. (A porter would have no idea which bus you will be on). Buses are dispatched as fast as they can be filled. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Unless you plan to be first off (i.e., before they start calling groups), then let the porters take your bags off the ship. In the baggage hall, you must collect your own bags and clear customs. You take your bags in line for the transfer bus, wait in line, and hand your bags over to the driver when you get to the bus. (A porter would have no idea which bus you will be on). Buses are dispatched as fast as they can be filled. 

Thank you!