Cancellation penalty: Australian purchaser, help if you don't mind please

lahore

HI, I am currently travelling and don't have much internet.  We have a B2B princess 18 night cruise in Japan coming up for final payment on 2nd August.  We paid $3250 deposit.  I booked online from Australia.   We are thinking of cancelling.  I guess in a nutshell my questions are related to how much we lose of that deposit.  So may cruise lines we have been with recently, I don't recall what Princess' cancellation fees are, and whether they are different in AUS vs USA and others.  Can anyone remind me please?

Yes I have tried to contact Princess by email....no response.  No local SIM so phoning is problematic, CC is easier.
Yes I know I could search better....I am a researcher by trade but I'm in a hurry with limited internet.  Thus I thank anyone with recent experience.  I came to the best source of info (other than teh contract which is on my laptop at home).
TIA

Lyn

Edited by lahore

1 hour ago, lahore said:

HI, I am currently travelling and don't have much internet.  We have a B2B princess 18 night cruise in Japan coming up for final payment on 2nd August.  We paid $3250 deposit.  I booked online from Australia.   We are thinking of cancelling.  I guess in a nutshell my questions are related to how much we lose of that deposit.  So may cruise lines we have been with recently, I don't recall what Princess' cancellation fees are, and whether they are different in AUS vs USA and others.  Can anyone remind me please?

Yes I have tried to contact Princess by email....no response.  No local SIM so phoning is problematic, CC is easier.
Yes I know I could search better....I am a researcher by trade but I'm in a hurry with limited internet.  Thus I thank anyone with recent experience.  I came to the best source of info (other than teh contract which is on my laptop at home).
TIA

Lyn

We’re currently on a Diamond Princess cruise with an embarkation date of 10-Jul-23, and here is what the cancellation fee schedule looks like on our latest confirmation. If you do the math, only with your embarkation date, you should be able to figure your various cutoff dates.

IMG_2969.thumb.jpeg.6078e280d8bc5819b377fddcd8bf1bc2.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Cut off dates and penalty rates are different for Australian and NZ cruisers on Princess.

Penalty period starts at 6 months - lose deposit and final payment is 90 days - believe final payment is 75 days for US cruisers and others ?

As a general fyi, you should be able to access the Princess site in the internet cafe without wifi and find your answer there.  I'm glad you were able to get through on chat and get your answer.  

• Like 1