Reward Digital gift card from Princess Visa

compozer

I have had the Princess Visa card for years. I figured it would be good to get onboard credit on our cruises. Never used it until last May when I decided to cash in points for 10 $100 Princess gift cards..  We were booked  to Alaskan the middle of June. I purchased them online and it was very confusing since it was my first time. I received an email acknowledging that I had purchased 10 $100 digital gift cards. Weird - I had wanted the cards, not a digital card.  I don’t remember, what I pressed but that’s not what I wanted.   I had no idea how to use them and called the help number.  I could not understand what the person was saying. The background noise was so loud and it sounded like there were 20 people talking in the background.    I finally hung up and over the next few days I tried about 10 more times to call.    The same thing every time - I couldn’t understand a word they were saying.  As it got closer to the time for the cruise and I still did not know how to apply them, I just decided I’d use them on another cruise. 
Final payment is due Friday for our Australian cruise and I want to use those and also buy another thousand with points I have but I don’t want to buy any more points until the first group is actually applied towards my cruise.  
I spent hours yesterday on the phone I called Princess rewards helpline and after 20 minutes and talking to a supervisor they said there was nothing they could do to help because they were just a third-party. I called Visa and another half hour on the line was told they have no record of my purchase.  Supposedly the records only go back a year.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Read my location I gave them the redemption number and they said, they only use an eight digit number. Mine was too long. They also told me that I should’ve received an email with the number corresponding to each gift card. I went back three times and searched. That was the only email I received regarding my purchase, they told me to call the Princess gift card department and gave me a number. When I called that number, I thought that the music sounds the familiar - Yep it was the number that I first called -   the third-party who just sells the cards. So I’m lost I don’t know what to do but it makes me mad that right now it seems like I’m out $1000.

I know a year ago I did the same thing and  I came here and somebody told me how to find the individual gift cards. I believe that is where I found the proof that I purchased the 10 cards. On the right side had listed 10 digital gift cards, but there was no number associated with them. My travel agent said I need to give her each cards number or she can’t do anything.  I did 10 searches here to see if I could find that post from a year ago but I had no luck.

Anyone ever had a problem like this? Or make a suggestion who I can call. I’m getting very frustrated.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, compozer said:

I have had the Princess Visa card for years. I figured it would be good to get onboard credit on our cruises. Never used it until last May when I decided to cash in points for 10 $100 Princess gift cards..  We were booked  to Alaskan the middle of June. I purchased them online and it was very confusing since it was my first time. I received an email acknowledging that I had purchased 10 $100 digital gift cards. Weird - I had wanted the cards, not a digital card.  I don’t remember, what I pressed but that’s not what I wanted.   I had no idea how to use them and called the help number.  I could not understand what the person was saying. The background noise was so loud and it sounded like there were 20 people talking in the background.    I finally hung up and over the next few days I tried about 10 more times to call.    The same thing every time - I couldn’t understand a word they were saying.  As it got closer to the time for the cruise and I still did not know how to apply them, I just decided I’d use them on another cruise. 
Final payment is due Friday for our Australian cruise and I want to use those and also buy another thousand with points I have but I don’t want to buy any more points until the first group is actually applied towards my cruise.  
I spent hours yesterday on the phone I called Princess rewards helpline and after 20 minutes and talking to a supervisor they said there was nothing they could do to help because they were just a third-party. I called Visa and another half hour on the line was told they have no record of my purchase.  Supposedly the records only go back a year.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Read my location I gave them the redemption number and they said, they only use an eight digit number. Mine was too long. They also told me that I should’ve received an email with the number corresponding to each gift card. I went back three times and searched. That was the only email I received regarding my purchase, they told me to call the Princess gift card department and gave me a number. When I called that number, I thought that the music sounds the familiar - Yep it was the number that I first called -   the third-party who just sells the cards. So I’m lost I don’t know what to do but it makes me mad that right now it seems like I’m out $1000.

I know a year ago I did the same thing and  I came here and somebody told me how to find the individual gift cards. I believe that is where I found the proof that I purchased the 10 cards. On the right side had listed 10 digital gift cards, but there was no number associated with them. My travel agent said I need to give her each cards number or she can’t do anything.  I did 10 searches here to see if I could find that post from a year ago but I had no luck.

Anyone ever had a problem like this? Or make a suggestion who I can call. I’m getting very frustrated.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

So, you purchased these using your Princess rewards credit card?  

There should be rules on redemption and instructions.  The return email you found that was proof you purchased is very important.  That probably shows the order number or processing number of each card.

They normally are only digital egift cards if purchased outside the US.

Go back to your confirmation page.  There may be a button to click that says:

Get my reward or Get my egift card

Click on that and each card should have a individual card number and a PIN.

My egift cards are 16 digits and 4 digit PIN.  But these are purchased in the US.

TA will need each card no and it’s PIN to apply them to your cruise.

The source of the purchase, Princess Visa Rewards should be able to help you find the purchase and resend the egift card purchase to you.  

Princess gift card department isn’t able to help much, but they should have a department that can investigate.

When you find the purchase and each card with a PIN, print out each one for your records and hold onto until after used up on a cruise, in case you cancel and you need a record.

Also, go to the rewards page on your credit card, where you would purchase gift cards…you should see the rules there and maybe a phone number for inquiries.  

Let us know the outcome.  Good luck.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

thanks so much for taking the time to try to help me.  
I have tried most of that with no luck.  I do plan to call Princess Visa back today and tell them I need to speak to somebody. As I said, it’s ridiculous that they don’t have any history from 14 months ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, compozer said:

thanks so much for taking the time to try to help me.  
I have tried most of that with no luck.  I do plan to call Princess Visa back today and tell them I need to speak to somebody. As I said, it’s ridiculous that they don’t have any history from 14 months ago.

I thought you pulled up the confirmation this June?  Are these purchases from 14 months ago?  Do they

have an expiration shown in the terms and conditions?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, compozer said:

1 hour ago, compozer said:

Is this the thread you were looking for?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2926481-how-do-i-get-shipboard-credit-with-princessbarclays-visa/

5 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

Great job!

So, they do have records for the past.

I did not find anything under the spa visits and onboard credits    BUT

I did find it under view rewards activities.   It listed the last four months -  nothing about my $1000 but then I clicked on  Rewards redemption history.   Then details.    It asked:  "confirm your identity"   and I received an email with a code.    I entered the code number and there they were!!!!   They are 10 digital cards for $100 each.    

Now I just need to figure out how to get them to my TA to put towards my cruise fare-  I don't want obc.  Thanks again everyone.

• Like 1

Kellyansapansa,

Wow, you are GOOD!!!!

I did go to the rewards redemption history yesterday and it is not showing anything.   So, that is where I got the sheet with the 10 cards but there were no card numbers included.

Thanks so much

Edited by compozer
  • Like 1

I am sorry.  I tried to give so much info that I messed up.  Last July I found the missing cards Princess visa’s website - redemption history.  I tried to call to ask how I could get them to my TA but the connection was so bad that I could not understand anything the rep said.  Sounded like they were in a room with 20 people talking at the same time and then they all had an accent.  I redialed more than 10 times with no luck.

I’m just dropped it from my mind and figured I would transfer them before final payment for our Australian cruise.  Now, final payment is coming up and my TA said to give her each of the card numbers.

But they were not included in the email I received when I originally transferred them from my points.

The individual cards were not listed under that RewardsActivity.

here is the only email I received from Princess Visa:  

Hi 
We've received your redemption request. Please see your Rewards Activity for full details on your redemption.

Redemption number: 4Z

Item: $100 Princess Cruises Digital Gift Card  
Quantity: 10  
Rewards redeemed: 100,000  
Delivery method: Standard  
Estimated delivery: 7-10 business days  

Starting rewards balance: 169,808
Total rewards redeemed: 100,000
Remaining rewards balance: 69,808

here is the page I found under redemption history:

IMG_0036.thumb.jpeg.08c522cb0d393bb2c0830edfb35b681d.jpeg

2 hours ago, compozer said:

I am sorry.  I tried to give so much info that I messed up.  Last July I found the missing cards Princess visa’s website - redemption history.  I tried to call to ask how I could get them to my TA but the connection was so bad that I could not understand anything the rep said.  Sounded like they were in a room with 20 people talking at the same time and then they all had an accent.  I redialed more than 10 times with no luck.

I’m just dropped it from my mind and figured I would transfer them before final payment for our Australian cruise.  Now, final payment is coming up and my TA said to give her each of the card numbers.

But they were not included in the email I received when I originally transferred them from my points.

The individual cards were not listed under that RewardsActivity.

here is the only email I received from Princess Visa:  

Hi 
We've received your redemption request. Please see your Rewards Activity for full details on your redemption.

Redemption number: 4Z

Item: $100 Princess Cruises Digital Gift Card  
Quantity: 10  
Rewards redeemed: 100,000  
Delivery method: Standard  
Estimated delivery: 7-10 business days  

Starting rewards balance: 169,808
Total rewards redeemed: 100,000
Remaining rewards balance: 69,808

here is the page I found under redemption history:

IMG_0036.thumb.jpeg.08c522cb0d393bb2c0830edfb35b681d.jpeg

You have to click on “view digital card”

That will give you the card no and the pin for each card.

That’s what your TA needs.

So, it sounds like now…you can’t find that page.

That was 5/2022 on the sheet of paper.

A representative at Princess credit card  rewards, should be able to locate these.

You *may* have stated this previously...I may have missed it.  What type of device are you using in all of this?  (desktop, laptop, phone...?)  It may have absolutely nothing to do with what your seeing...but who knows?   Have you tried more than one type of device?

When you say "Nothing came up"...are you saying that there is zero response to your click or do you get any type of error message?

Also...(long shot) what happens if you right-click on the link?  Do you see any type of options available to you?

Rick andJjeannie,

Thanks for trying to help me.    I have been using my laptop.   I never have used my tablet or phone but I can not remember what the password is.   And the password in my "password book" is not working.   Tomorrow I will work on getting into them.

This is what comes up:  No redemption history for this statement period.

Right click did nothing.

I think the problem online is that it only saves info for 12 months.  But why doesn't the rep have that info?

I don't know what my username or may password are for my Barclay account.   They automatically come up on this laptop.     This laptop does not let me see what they are.   Without them, I can not log in from any other device.      I will work on that forgot link in the morning

6 minutes ago, compozer said:

I don't know what my username or may password are for my Barclay account.   They automatically come up on this laptop.     This laptop does not let me see what they are.   Without them, I can not log in from any other device.      I will work on that forgot link in the morning

Ah!  Well...at least you *can* log in using the laptop.  Not a huge deal but yes, you need to find out or reset that password just for future dealings.  

That being said...since you *can* log in...the password issue is not relevant to your original problem with the ten cards.

@compozer, Not to sound pessimistic and hope this isn’t the case but, when you said you exchanged points for these e-cards 15 months ago it brought back a nightmare I experienced several years ago.

Princess once or twice a year runs a special for a 10% bonus e-card when purchasing regular e-cards (for $).

Example: you purchase a $1,000 e card and they send you an additional $100 e-card (10% bonus).

What I didn’t know at the time is this “10% bonus” e-card was only good to use for 12 months and then expires (the original $1,000 e-card did not have a expiration time).

I just really hope your 10 $100 e-cards did not expire after 12 months.

8 hours ago, compozer said:

Start with recovering your username and password.

Afterwards… Log into another device, then see if you can recover or click on the “view digital card”.

You still need to see those card numbers and pin to use them.

If you still cannot access them, you need to work with a Supervisor at Barclay’s to investigate.  Tell them it’s urgent, as you need to use them on Friday.

11 hours ago, AZjohn said:

@compozer, Not to sound pessimistic and hope this isn’t the case but, when you said you exchanged points for these e-cards 15 months ago it brought back a nightmare I experienced several years ago.

Princess once or twice a year runs a special for a 10% bonus e-card when purchasing regular e-cards (for $).

Example: you purchase a $1,000 e card and they send you an additional $100 e-card (10% bonus).

What I didn’t know at the time is this “10% bonus” e-card was only good to use for 12 months and then expires (the original $1,000 e-card did not have a expiration time).

I just really hope your 10 $100 e-cards did not expire after 12 months.

Me too!

I will be pissed if that happens