First Day Shore Tours + Online Check-in

tring

Two questions please:-

Does anyone know what time shore tours open on embarkation day? I  know we can book on the app, but for one excursion I would like to get more information before we book.  We should be onboard early as we have priority boarding.  

We are on a B2B cruise and as we will not need boarding cards for the second cruise we are thinking we may not have to complete the online check in for that, before the cruise date.  Is that correct, or will we need to register the CC again and print luggage labels to use at the end of the second cruise?

Edited by tring

8 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I believe it’s normally after the safety briefing.

Thanks for the reply, but I am not aware of a safety briefing or what time it is done, could you please explain?  Would that likely be after everyone has embarked, a bit like when they used to have drills, so quite late in the afternoon - say 5pm?

Edited by tring

As @Mike Senior has posted, if you can I would advise you get as much information now and think about booking online via the cruise personaliser before you sail. Many excursions get booked up fairly quickly and you could find that the particular one you would like to go on is sold out on embarkation day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tring said:

We are on a B2B cruise and as we will not need boarding cards for the second cruise we are thinking we may not have to complete the online check in for that, before the cruise date.  Is that correct, or will we need to register the CC again and print luggage labels to use at the end of the second cruise?

Unless the procedure has changed all you will need to do is collect your new cruise card from reception on changeover day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike Senior said:

Unless it's a brand new excursion offering by P&O why not just ask your question on the forum? 

Yes, you do have a point there.  I was wanting to ask a question about the river cruise in Porto, but been looking at it in depth on Trip Advisor Forums and other tourist details and now changed our minds to the City Highlights and Wine, which we do not have any problems with, so will book that and one for Lisbon as soon as we get access to the onboard app.

1 hour ago, CarlaMarie said:

As @Mike Senior has posted, if you can I would advise you get as much information now and think about booking online via the cruise personaliser before you sail. Many excursions get booked up fairly quickly and you could find that the particular one you would like to go on is sold out on embarkation day. 

We want to use onboard spend though and cannot do that unless we pay from our onboard account. 

Neither of the tours we want to book for that first cruise are must do ones either.  We have booked some tours for our following cruise to Canada/US which we feel are must do ones, in fact we do not have much OBC for that, so will easily spend up over the 30 nights. 

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Barbara