Breakfast in Sindhi

cruzadict

As far as I am aware only full suites are able to have breakfast in the Select dining venue.

As for paying for it I don't know. There was some discussion about being able to this on Iona/Arvia(?) recently but I don't think that it is available on Aurora - and in my personal opinion is not something that should be available.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, david63 said:

As far as I am aware only full suites are able to have breakfast in the Select dining venue.

I would assume the same, but as there are only a dozen full suites on Aurora I guess it may be possible?

9 hours ago, david63 said:

As for paying for it I don't know. There was some discussion about being able to this on Iona/Arvia(?) recently but I don't think that it is available on Aurora - and in my personal opinion is not something that should be available.

Our P&O insider confirmed that this is possible on Iona and Arvia due to the capacity of Epicurean being much greater than is required for the number of suite passengers. I enquired about this on Britannia the other week and the Epicurean manager gave me the same answer when explaining why it wasn’t possible on that ship, although I believe that one poster on this forum has managed it. I believe that some passengers who dine in Epicurean every night have also been invited to have breakfast in Epicurean, even though they weren’t in a suite. Obviously the restaurant managers must have a degree of discretion.  

I tend to agree with you that this does somewhat undermine the only meaningful perk of having a suite (other than priority embarkation, which many get anyway due to loyalty status) but, hypocrite that I am, I may enquire about it when we are on Iona next month 😂  I wouldn’t pay to breakfast in Sindhu on Aurora though. It’s the poorest Sindhu in the fleet IMHO and is merely an extension of the coffee shop in the atrium, lacking any ambiance. Whilst we didn’t like Arcadia, the Sindhu on that ship is at least out of the way and we enjoyed having breakfast there every morning. 

1 hour ago, cruzadict said:

Thank you Selbourne, we also loved having breakfast in Sindhi on Arcadia in May even tho we would never return to Arcadia.  Thought we would give Aurora a try before we leave P and O.

I hope that you will like Aurora. We find her very different to Arcadia. Whilst we liked our (albeit dated) aft corner suite on Arcadia, we disliked a number of other aspects of the ship. By contrast we have had 8 enjoyable cruises in balcony cabins on Aurora and she is one of our favourite P&O ships.

My wife and I also thought that our P&O days were numbered based on everything that we had read about all the cutbacks etc but our recent 14 nighter on Britannia has reassured us that P&O still has a place in our cruise plans. It’s fair to say that we have now capped what we will spend per night with P&O to a level that we feel still provides good value and our more expensive cruises will now be with Cunard and (hopefully) Saga. Our price cap will probably rule out most of the Aurora cruises, but we hope to sneak the odd one in! I hope that you may feel the same after your Aurora cruise. 

• Like 4