Getaway: Club Balcony with Larger Balcony

Healthmark

The M6s are all on deck 8 forward. 

The standard side balconies on Getaway/Breakaway are very small. The M6 balconies are several times larger/deeper. 

B6-M6.jpg

This photo is Breakaway but Getaway is the same. The M6s are the larger balconies that have a view down to the water. NCL has tweaked some of the alphanumeric codes since this photo was made and has changed some of the "sail away" staterooms but the photo shows the physical size of the balconies. 

There will probably be more furniture on the balconies (chairs and loungers) since most people request them. The crew will likely leave the extras there unless a guest requests for the furniture to be removed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to add, you can't always trust the deck plans for bed location. In reality, the wider part of the stateroom is where the bed is for this category. Unfortunately, there have been errors found where the deck plan shows one thing but the bed is actually in the other location (near balcony vs. near closet). The ship has been around for long enough so there are actual photos/videos of many of the staterooms so if bed location is important, use the photos/videos for the specific stateroom.  

I was in one on the Escape on deck 8 and it was great. 2 regular deck chairs with a table and 2 loungers. Lots of room and the area closest to the door was shady most of the time. Not sure if this differs on the Getaway.

vswan, we are booked on an upcoming cruise on Escape in one of those deck 8 club balconies. Aside from the large deck, did you hear a lot of noise from the theater below and how was the movement of the ship being that far forward ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kittymamma said:

vswan, we are booked on an upcoming cruise on Escape in one of those deck 8 club balconies. Aside from the large deck, did you hear a lot of noise from the theater below and how was the movement of the ship being that far forward ?

I have stayed on deck 8 mini suites a few times (Getaway and Breakaway, but the Escape is the same) and have never heard a sound from the theatre.

It certainly moves more up front than mid ship. Most of my trips in these rooms have been in the Caribbean and there was no movement at all in calm seas. I was in a large balcony room on deck 9 (above these ones) on a transatlantic where the seas were quite rough on a couple of days and it really did move a lot. If you get seasick then I would be reluctant about these rooms if you are on an itinerary that can get rough.

• Like 1

There are a number of these rooms on in a row on each side of the ship. We had one of the club balconies further mid, not as far forward - which I would suggest. I do experience motion sickness and don't remember this cruise being bad in the room - but, everyday onboard I always take a bonine as a precaution. What I really liked about this room was how close it was to the District Brew House for grabbing a beer to relax on the balcony. I am easy to please - priorities! In the past I have done a interior qty and ended up in the "nose" of the ship. That was really bad for motion and I had a hard time in that room.

In fact, I liked this room so much tried to book one on my next cruise but they were all gone. Am in a regular balcony and I would have been willing to pay more for one of these because of the large balcony and convenient location - they were all gone so stayed in my balcony.

I ended up in a club+larger balcony for my first cruise; I was originally in a balcony and won an upgrade.  The bigger balcony is... way bigger.  I don't know the exact measurements, but it was actually big enough for all three of us to be out there and walk around a little.

We are in a M6/Deck 8/Larger balcony suite on the Joy next month. I'm a first time cruiser prone to motion sickness, so our cabin is to the very rear of the M6s, where they meet the regular balconies.  I'll report back on noise and motion 🙂