Celebrity no longer offers insurance for Canadians?

So I have an equinox cruise booked for November which I purchased through Direct Line Cruises. So I tried to book their insurance for the indicated $85 US per person based on the price of the cruise. It directed me to a different website because I am Canadian so I fill it out and it comes back with a price of $270 US for the both of us. So eventually I call Directline and they say their insurance no longer covers Canadians. She offers to call Celebrity for me to get pricing for insurance through them. Apparently Celebrity will no longer offer insurance to Canadians of any kind to Canadians. What the heck. She gave me a phone number for manulife which I have not called yet. I live in Ontario. Just wondering what other Canadians are experiencing. I looked online for options and filled out a form and it came back at $570!  not impressed!

I paid for cancellation insurance when I booked my flights, and I guess I could get way without medical insurance as we have coverage through my husbands work so maybe I just need cruise cancellation insurance? Just worried that flights are going to be the problem due to cancellation. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

1 hour ago, SRch said:

So I have an equinox cruise booked for November which I purchased through Direct Line Cruises. So I tried to book their insurance for the indicated $85 US per person based on the price of the cruise. It directed me to a different website because I am Canadian so I fill it out and it comes back with a price of $270 US for the both of us. So eventually I call Directline and they say their insurance no longer covers Canadians. She offers to call Celebrity for me to get pricing for insurance through them. Apparently Celebrity will no longer offer insurance to Canadians of any kind to Canadians. What the heck. She gave me a phone number for manulife which I have not called yet. I live in Ontario. Just wondering what other Canadians are experiencing. I looked online for options and filled out a form and it came back at $570!  not impressed!

I paid for cancellation insurance when I booked my flights, and I guess I could get way without medical insurance as we have coverage through my husbands work so maybe I just need cruise cancellation insurance? Just worried that flights are going to be the problem due to cancellation. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Hi Srch,

Unfortunately, I can't give you any advice about Canadian travel insurance plans.

Steve Dasseos