How To Determine Whether A Room Is Classic/Seabreeze or new for 2023

Keith1010

Patty posted this on the photo thread but just to give it more visibility.

When you go to the deck plans and hover over a room it will show you if it is a Classic room/suite and, if not, when it was redesigned. This should help you out with your room selection.

Many thanks to Patty.

Keith 
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have not seen any discussion on the following:

One of the things we liked about the OC website was how easy it was (in real time) to know the price of a specific room, on a specific deck, for a specific cruise.  On some sites I could even find out the actual rooms available.  A second part, I was able to book online.  But that is not the focus of this post.

Our questions were pretty basic

- how much more to upgrade from an oceanview to a verandah

- how much more to upgrade from a double to a penthouse, from a stateroom to a suite

- how much do we save with an obstructed view

On NC the only way to find this information is to go through our travel agent, or call Crystal and that involves "getting back to you", multiple times.

For anyone onboard - does either cruise sales agent have this information at their finger tips?  For example, can you get the range of prices for a Aquamarine verandah on various decks and forward/mid/aft locations?

Edited by crickette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crickette said:

One of the things we liked about the OC website was how easy it was (in real time) to know the price of a specific room, on a specific deck, for a specific cruise.  On some sites I could even find out the actual rooms available.  A second part, I was able to book online.  But that is not the focus of this post.

- how much more to upgrade from a double to a penthouse, from a stateroom to a suite

On NC the only way to find this information is to go through our travel agent, or call Crystal and that involves "getting back to you", multiple times.

For anyone onboard - does either cruise sales agent have this information at their finger tips?  For example, can you get the range of prices for a Aquamarine verandah on various decks and forward/mid/aft locations?

You can find pricing on the website - click on a cruise, and then suites and guest rooms. If you click on the category, it shows the range of prices for that category.

14 minutes ago, Cruisemonty said:

You can find pricing on the website - click on a cruise, and then suites and guest rooms. If you click on the category, it shows the range of prices for that category.

It show "fares from" and separates mid/aft from fwd.  But traditionally fares become more expensive on higher floors, and the website gives no idea what that might be.  

Edited by crickette

In reviewing our bookings, it seems that the only fare difference for a specific room type was whether the suite  is fwd (the lower fare) or mid/aft which is the higher fare, not which deck the room is on.....all fares include port fees etc. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, seasickgirl said:

Do they still include the beverage package in the fare?

There has not been a "beverage package", if there ever was one, for many years. Alcohol beverages, specialty coffees, etc. are included in the fare. Except for the very high end stuff.

34 minutes ago, seasickgirl said:

Do they still include the beverage package in the fare?

Crystal never had a beverage package. At least since we started cruising them in 1995.

Edited by NWX

I hope that Crystal re-implements the ability to book a cruise directly from their website.  This was possible on OC and I found this very useful, especially because we could see which specific cabins were available.  I'm actually surprised this is not currently possible, because it most certainly would lead to more bookings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jet65 said:

In reviewing our bookings, it seems that the only fare difference for a specific room type was whether the suite  is fwd (the lower fare) or mid/aft which is the higher fare, not which deck the room is on.....all fares include port fees etc. 

This is indeed how it works. In recent years it worked this way for Standard rooms but now it works this way for all suites with exception of CP and Junior CP with the few rooms in each of these categories priced the same way.

Keith

3 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

I hope that Crystal re-implements the ability to book a cruise directly from their website.  This was possible on OC and I found this very useful, especially because we could see which specific cabins were available.  I'm actually surprised this is not currently possible, because it most certainly would lead to more bookings.

The capability to book cruises directly from the website has not been rolled out yet even for TA's. It will come.

All of the systems had to be built from scratch and this takes time.  They are all new including systems used on the ship by each department.  

It is still a work in progress.

Keith

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crickette said:

All of this is coming.

Yes, on board at their computer they can tell you the price, which room is available and book it for you.  

As a reminder there is a change to the process.

For a booking before you would put down a deposit regardless of cruise except higher for the world cruise and you had a certain period of time after you debarked to pay the different to create a full deposit. This has changed.  At the time you make your on-board booking you bring your credit card and you make a 25% deposit with the on board consultant and it is not charged to your room account.

If you make an open booking it is good for three months and you pay $500.00 per person and at the time you make your booking you are charged. With that said they are working on the credit card portion as I made some open bookings in preparation for the release of 2025 itineraries and they couldn't complete them yet as they are waiting for final changes to be able to charge this. I believe the open booking is now good for three months.

Give you 2.5% off cruise fare.

Keith

11 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

This is indeed how it works. In recent years it worked this way for Standard rooms but now it works this way for all suites with exception of CP and Junior CP with the few rooms in each of these categories priced the same way.

Keith

Then help me understand the "from" in the fare.  It implies there is a higher fare... for something.  Second, there is an asterisk beside the fare, but I've not found the footnote for it.

11 minutes ago, crickette said:

Then help me understand the "from" in the fare.  It implies there is a higher fare... for something.  Second, there is an asterisk beside the fare, but I've not found the footnote for it.

From often refers to changing prices based dynamic pricing.  At least this has been my experience and the experience of friends.

Keith

2 hours ago, crickette said:

Don't know about the asterisk, but the "From" is pretty standard. It means the posted price is the lowest priced room available in a particular category. Back in "olden times" every room in a category was the same price, now the price within a category varies by room location on the ship, with midship/high deck being more expensive than forward on a lower deck.