Help on flights/Hotels/Transfers

TimeToGetNauti

I am cruising with a group of at least 16 people out of Miami Cruiseport. I am in the Philly area and am flying down the day before. Flights into Miami are pricier than Fort Lauderdale. I wasn't sure if anyone had flown into Fort Lauderdale and was able to find a transport to a Miami hotel for a large group easily. I also need a hotel that has food options for all 3 meals either in the hotel or next door, (mobility issues) and one with a transport to the cruise terminal. I know there are other ways to go about this but just trying to make things simpler with less moving parts. I am also OK with a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale area that has transport to the Miami cruise port. Any help or advise is welcome. Thank you in advance. 

OK. First, no hotel in Ft Lauderdale is going to provide a shuttle to PortMiami. It's 45 or so minutes away. It is commonly recommended here, if your flight arrives later in the day, to stay in Ft Lauderdale and shuttle directly to the PortMiami the next day, as the later you get, the fewer shuttle options there are.

The hotels in Miami charge for shuttles to the port, for the most part.

There are many shuttle services recommended here...SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff,  GO Shuttle and a few others. I would suggest contacting them...they will essentially do a private charter just for your group.

• Fly to FLL
  • www.visitlauderdale.com provides lots of hotel and tourist information -find one that meets your needs/budget
  • www.rideSAS.com, Go Airport shuttle, Larry's Limos and others suggested often on this board can get your group from the FLL are to POM and back to FLL after your cruise

I would   weigh the cost of  flying to MIA & transport to the hotel  & the cost of flying to FLL & transport to POM or  Miami hotel

If the flight to FLL  & the  extra cost to get to Miami is less than the flight to MIA  then look into that option

For a larger group  you may need to find a private transfer company 

like those listed above

Good luck