Do valets at non-US ports have luggage tags?

KKB

53 minutes ago, KKB said:

I always get my luggage tags from the valets but this has only been at US ports!

Will I be able to get them from the valet overseas?

Porters at all ports have luggage tags. The big challenge is having the porters write the correct room number on the tag and that the number is readable by the crew distributing bags. As you may know, the way your write number is slightly different depending on the country you are in. 

Always better just to print your luggage tags (consistent number format) and carry a scotch tape dispenser to tape the ends together or use purchased luggage tag holders. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Porters at all ports have luggage tags. The big challenge is having the porters write the correct room number on the tag and that the number is readable by the crew distributing bags. As you may know, the way your write number is slightly different depending on the country you are in. 

Always better just to print your luggage tags (consistent number format) and carry a scotch tape dispenser to tape the ends together or use purchased luggage tag holders. 

I always watch them put the number on to ensure it is correct (and legible, by default)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Good. A number "1" in Europe can look a lot like a number "7" to someone from America. 

It’s true…but my French taught me about that.

I still cross my 7😉

I have a cruise in Sept. and NCL just mailed me sticky color coded luggage tags kind of like the type they use at the airport for checked bags with the stateroom number. I bought the suggested luggage tag holders from Amazon but I guess I don't need them now.