Daily Program: Hobby Group - Sew, Knit, Crochet, Embroider…

techteach

On a recent QM2 cruise a group of ladies who had been on a westbound TA had started meeting in the Chart Room enjoying their favorite hobby. But, the size of the group became large and chairs had to be moved, remember how big and heavy those things are? People were trying to read, and the lively conversation seemed to interfere with their solitude. So the group took it into their own hands and requested a change in venue to the Corinthia Lounge. A bright sunny place that could be reconfigured with afternoon tea treats nearby. Many people passed us by and commented they didn’t know what to expect from the title in the daily program, and many said, “if I had only known.” So, the group grew. We decided we would meet daily, unless off the ship. As I said goodbye on the last day we discussed how to keep in touch and spread the word that people with a craft should bring it along and enjoy visiting with others of a like mind. Have you joined the hobby group on a previous voyage? Is there a time or place you would suggest to Cunard? Wouldn’t it be amazing if there was a continuous fiber around and around the world as we passed the gatherings on to new crafters as they boarded?

• Like 2

When I sailed Oceania we asked the cruise director to put Knitters /crocheters meetup unhosted in the daily schedule for sea days. It was great. Made many new friends 

your idea is great

i will be on a b2b crossing in September on qm2. I’m going to try to find fellow knitters and crocheters. I suspect the activities director can figure out where

• Like 2

I was on a QM2 roundtrip crossing (NY-Southampton-NY) in December 2019. There was a knitting group that met each day at 2 pm (I think) in the Corinthia lounge. It was a special part of that voyage for me. In November 2022, I was on a QM2 Caribbean cruise. There was a hobby group listed for one sea day. The group then decided to meet on its own for the other sea days. Again, I believe we met at 2 pm in the Corinthia lounge. Another lovely experience. I love the idea of ‘a continuous fiber around and around the world”.

• Like 2

On our short cruise on QE there was a group that met in the Garden Lounge.  I have also participated in Knitters and Natters on Princess cruises.  I always take some fine crochet (potholders) because it doesn’t take up much space.  One cruise on Princess there were several knitting socks.  EM

• Like 2

When I have been on QM2, we meet in the Carintha Lounge everyday at 3PM.  It was listed in the program for every sea day.  We had knitters, crocheters, cross stitchers and women who just wanted to see what we were doing.  We had a great time meeting and getting to know everyone.  The one TA we had an young gentlemen come and join our group just because he wanted to talk to us and to get away from some of the kids on the sailing.  Cunard did not have a host for this group but they did reserve several tables for our group.  If you are on the ship and see us crafting, please stop by and chat awhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1