Flight departure out of Rome?

chloemonkey

Trying to decide if we need to spend an extra day post cruise in Rome as the flight times are not working out so well at this point.....BA  AND American keep changing things.....

So what do you all think about trying to make a 12:45 pm flight out of Rome?  

Thanks in advance...

DC

You basically need to be departing the port 4 hours before your flight if flying back to the US:  one hour to get to the airport, plus 3 hours at FCO, a notoriously busy (and often slow) airport. 

The fastest way to the airport is generally via a private transfer from the port. They can pick you and your luggage up in front of the terminal and get you to the airport in just under an hour, generally. 

With cruise line shuttles you run the risk of waiting around for shuttle to fill, which is frustrating when you just want to be on your way.

• Like 1

The other factor with the O shuttle is which Terminal(s) does it go to? Then how long does it take to drop passengers and their luggage at a Terminal before yours. FCO is large, I’d rather pay extra and be delivered to my Terminal, upon airport arrival, than messing with the shuttle with a 12:45 flight.

• Like 3

Rome Cabs and Rome In Limo are frequently mentioned private transfer companies on the Italy forum.

Book well in advance. Due to the tourism boom in Europe at the moment, people are finding companies are already booked up if they leave it too late...

3 hours ago, jeanine said:

Rome to Rio! Car service

Note that "Rome to Rio" is not a car service, but merely a front-end booking portal.  They do not operate any transportation themselves.  And most likely would just book you into Rome Cabs or Rome in Limo or another service.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 6:51 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Rome Cabs and Rome In Limo are frequently mentioned private transfer companies on the Italy forum.

Book well in advance. Due to the tourism boom in Europe at the moment, people are finding companies are already booked up if they leave it too late...

Just found that out....I am SO far behind arranging this trip this time around.....lost my father and between that and continuing to care for my mom who is is assisted living...despite handling OUR business "stuff".....all of this has just gotten away from me.....

The beginning of the problems started when my flight arrangements started being "changed" numerous times from the airlines!  And lately I have found little to NO help or good options with Am Ex Platinum travel.....so I've not been organized at all for this trip.....shore excursions "sold out".....it's just the way it is and I keep telling myself maybe we will just enjoy the Vista Suite more this trip!  HOPEFULLY our jacuzzi is still on the deck! lol....

Thank you all for your great insights so far....and any other ideas would be appreciated!

OH!  One more near disaster.....I called in late June to inquire as to deadlines for hotel bookings thru Oceania and the gal told me "30 days in advance"....which of course I recently found out is NOT the case!  So had to make those arrangements on my own....it just goes to show you that you seem to have to keep "copius notes" on each and every conversation that you have with these Oceania representatives....which I have not been doing as I figure that everyone knows their job?

That's my rant for the day......any other car/limo options for transport to Rome airport will be welcomed!  I have reached out to a couple....

You guys rock!

Anything after 11:30 is not a problem with a private transfer.  It takes 50 minutes to get to the airport.  FCO is really efficient too.  Security has the new system where 4 people load their bins at the same time.  Also, the immigration line for the US is much shorter than the Asia, Africa and Middle East lines. Getting to the gates is a maze though.  It takes about 20 minutes.

I had a 12:55 flight out of Rome three days ago coming off Nautica.  I tried to book a transfer the week before and couldn’t find one as they were all full.  We ended up on an O transfer which took forever to leave the port.  We all sat on the bus waiting for a couple who never did show up and we pulled out at 10:00.  We still waited in the airport lounge for an hour before the flight.

You can easily be on a private transfer at 8:30 and at the airport by 9:30.

The shared transfers on viator are reasonable.  We have also used Rome Limo and Sorrento Limousine in the past.  Both are good.  I wouldn’t use O again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

Anything after 11:30 is not a problem with a private transfer.  It takes 50 minutes to get to the airport.  FCO is really efficient too.  Security has the new system where 4 people load their bins at the same time.  Also, the immigration line for the US is much shorter than the Asia, Africa and Middle East lines. Getting to the gates is a maze though.  It takes about 20 minutes.

I had a 12:55 flight out of Rome three days ago coming off Nautica.  I tried to book a transfer the week before and couldn’t find one as they were all full.  We ended up on an O transfer which took forever to leave the port.  We all sat on the bus waiting for a couple who never did show up and we pulled out at 10:00.  We still waited in the airport lounge for an hour before the flight.

You can easily be on a private transfer at 8:30 and at the airport by 9:30.

The shared transfers on viator are reasonable.  We have also used Rome Limo and Sorrento Limousine in the past.  Both are good.  I wouldn’t use O again.

Bless you for this info...I will be at it again tomorrow to find a private transfer.....it should be ok....and thanks SO much for taking the time!

I used RomeHabiCabs last month, and highly recommend.  They were really good in communicating timely and were prompt.  I used them from Rome centro to the port, and upon return port to FCO.  

• Like 1