Anyone know how the WIFI gets discounted if you are Elite/Platinum & buy Princess Plus?

Esjung1

With all of the changes announced last week, I'm considering upgrading to Princess Plus. I checked my cruise personalizer and it showed $1,080 USD for two people to upgrade (I was expecting it to be $1200 even) so I'm wondering if the difference is because I'm eligible for the 50% off WIFI?  I'm not complaining that it is less but was wondering in general if that benefit can even be applied when you have the princess plus package. In addition, I have shipboard credit right now so IF I do this it probably won't be until day 1 when I board.  Any insights would be appreciated!  

5 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

With all of the changes announced last week, I'm considering upgrading to Princess Plus. I checked my cruise personalizer and it showed $1,080 USD for two people to upgrade (I was expecting it to be $1200 even) so I'm wondering if the difference is because I'm eligible for the 50% off WIFI?  I'm not complaining that it is less but was wondering in general if that benefit can even be applied when you have the princess plus package. In addition, I have shipboard credit right now so IF I do this it probably won't be until day 1 when I board.  Any insights would be appreciated!  

There is no allowance for MedallionNet internet for Elites and Platinums when purchasing Plus and Premier cruise fare options (it is internet access you pay for, not Wifi).  Yes, you can order Plus on Day 1 and offset the cost with your OBC.

PS = What is your voyage?  How many nights?

Plus for 10 nights is $1200 for two people.  9 nights is $1080.

Edited by Steelers36

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

There is no allowance for MedallionNet internet for Elites and Platinums when purchasing Plus and Premier cruise fare options (it is internet access you pay for, not Wifi).  Yes, you can order Plus on Day 1 and offset the cost with your OBC.

PS = What is your voyage?  How many nights?

Plus for 10 nights is $1200 for two people.  9 nights is $1080.

Thank you! 10-night Regal Princess 9/29-10/9

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

Plus amounts are the same for everyone 

That's fine, I was just surprised because I thought it was $60 per day so my assumption was it would be $600 per person but my cruise personalizer is showing $540PP to upgrade for 10-nights.

34 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

Just put the pencil to it and see which is better for you, a package or a la carte.

1 hour ago, Esjung1 said:

That's fine, I was just surprised because I thought it was $60 per day so my assumption was it would be $600 per person but my cruise personalizer is showing $540PP to upgrade for 10-nights.

I am surprised too, but if you were going to do it anyway, it some nice coin to have in your pocket.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

I am surprised too, but if you were going to do it anyway, it some nice coin to have in your pocket.

Yes, agree! I'm hoping it's the same price once I get on the ship so I can use my shipboard credit plus princess gift cards I have to pay for this. I should take a screenshot and print it to bring with me! 

I am on 7 night cruise.  One week before we left I purchased the wifi for one.  cost $105 was charged to my credit card.  Once on board I went to guest services to get a copy of my charges and a credit was on the account for $52.50 "mednet loyalty discount"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

Yes, agree! I'm hoping it's the same price once I get on the ship so I can use my shipboard credit plus princess gift cards I have to pay for this. I should take a screenshot and print it to bring with me! 

That is different now.  By the time you board the ship and order it on board, you could well be charged the full cost of $60/pp/day x 10.  If you ordered Medallions, you can also get $10 flat fee rebate.