Bayonne Boarding Times for Royal Caribbean with "The Key"

Jimbo

Do you really need to get a boarding time from Royal Caribbean to board a ship in Bayonne? Or is it since you bought the "The Key" you can board the ship on embarkment day anytime you want?

Really looking for people that had the "KEY" when boarding in Bayonne's experiences. Other ports with the Key might not handle it the same as Bayonne.

Edited by Jimbo

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you really need to get a boarding time from Royal Caribbean to board a ship in Bayonne? Or is it since you bought the "The Key" you can board the ship on embarkment day anytime you want?

Cape Liberty ceased looking at, much less enforcing, arrival times in the summer or fall of 2022. I still book an arrival time in the app.

When arrival times were being enforced, there was a separate entrance line for suite & key cruisers. I do not think that separate line still exists as no one is outside the terminal waiting to get in. After checking in, cruisers are directed to a seating area (on the right side of the terminal near the escalators to board the ship) regardless of boarding time. These cruisers then board after suites-pinnacles-key-handicap.

The area for suite guests is to the left, after checking in. I assume this waiting area is where key holders also sit. You will board earlier but you will have a longer walk to the escalators than others.😊

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

The line went from the entrance to the parking garage at 11:30 in May.

I am on the ship before 11:30. Knowing how cars begin backing up as they approach the terminal at about 11am, I am at Cape Liberty by 10.

May of 22 when arrival times were still enforced, the computers went down causing no movement in the entrance line for 90 minutes,  another 60 inside the terminal to check in and delaying the ship’s departure by more than an hour. Since then I always arrive by 10.