Vancouver departure to Hawaii

georgeschris

Have late Sept 2024 booked out of San Francisco, but am considering cruising out of Vancouver. Concerned about swimming onboard the ship? How are the seas usually. Are both about the same amount of time before warm/hot weather. Vancouver departs early September? All input and info appreciated. Thanks. G and C

13 hours ago, georgeschris said:

Have late Sept 2024 booked out of San Francisco, but am considering cruising out of Vancouver. Concerned about swimming onboard the ship? How are the seas usually. Are both about the same amount of time before warm/hot weather. Vancouver departs early September? All input and info appreciated. Thanks. G and C

Why Vancouver?   Flying from and back to PA is likely more expensive and more hassle than using either SF or my favorite, San Diego (airport very close to pier for one thing and hotels right at the pier).

• Like 1

Vancouver depart skips Ensenada which is not a necessity. And there is nothing out of San Diego that month. We are on Princess with sister in law. Waiting for more info out of Vancouver. I know LA is warmer but same cruise almost $2000 more

• 2 weeks later...

Vancouver is generally very nice with the last bits of summer extending into the first few weeks of September and some festivals and events still taking advantage of the weather.  However, it gets more variable into mid-late September and October which is a transition period to the colder & rainy season in November onwards.  Sometimes a few days of rain starts earlier in mid-September; sometimes later, holding off until late October.  No guarantees but overall, I think you should be ok in early September.   

Here's a link where you can browse historical Environment Canada data for Vancouver (sorry temperature in Celcius instead of Fahrenheit:   https://climate.weather.gc.ca/climate_data/daily_data_e.html?StationID=51442&timeframe=2&StartYear=1840&EndYear=2023&Day=14&Year=2022&Month=9#

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 4:52 PM, Milhouse said:

Vancouver is generally very nice with the last bits of summer extending into the first few weeks of September and some festivals and events still taking advantage of the weather.  However, it gets more variable into mid-late September and October which is a transition period to the colder & rainy season in November onwards.  Sometimes a few days of rain starts earlier in mid-September; sometimes later, holding off until late October.  No guarantees but overall, I think you should be ok in early September.   

Here's a link where you can browse historical Environment Canada data for Vancouver (sorry temperature in Celcius instead of Fahrenheit:   https://climate.weather.gc.ca/climate_data/daily_data_e.html?StationID=51442&timeframe=2&StartYear=1840&EndYear=2023&Day=14&Year=2022&Month=9#

not a problem with Celcius..I am a Canadian..I will be flying in from Toronto. I have a nexus card hopefully that will help at imagration..

18 hours ago, bingobunny14 said:

not a problem with Celcius..I am a Canadian..I will be flying in from Toronto. I have a nexus card hopefully that will help at imagration..

You will likely find the flight is cheaper with Air Canada, WestJet and Porter having multiple flight through the day. 

Once your in open ocean, the weather is going to be driven by what front happens to be moving through the area at the time.  Hard to predict either way.