Wifi cost for Elite.. 7 and 14 nights! Discount for Elite?

FlightCrew777

We have not been on Princess since free Wifi minutes were a perk depending on the cruise length. Can someone please post Wifi cost for Elite 7 or 14 nights! I hear there is a discount for Elite? Also do you book before you sail? Thank you.

I can’t keep up with the many changes! 

31 minutes ago, FlightCrew777 said:

We have not been on Princess since free Wifi minutes were a perk depending on the cruise length. Can someone please post Wifi cost for Elite 7 or 14 nights! I hear there is a discount for Elite? Also do you book before you sail? Thank you.

With the 50% discount for elite, platinum & suite (?) passengers:

$20/day - 4 devices

$7.50/day - 1 device

In the Medallion app, you should be able to see your cost under the MedallionNet option…one device $52.50 (7 days); $105 (14 days).

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

Keep in mind that you can share the single device if both people only need it for a limited amount of time each.  Only one device can be connected at a time, but to switch another device can be logged in kicking of the first device.  May wife and I set times for which one of us is going to have access and share the single device plan.

4 hours ago, FlightCrew777 said:

Prices in post above.

You can book it before you sail.  You can also book on board.  Pricing is the same.  In advance, you pay by credit card.  On board, it is charged to your account so it can be covered by any OBC you may have.

There has been an issue in the App if it has bad data and your incorrect CC Member Level.  If you are not reognized as Elite or Platinum, ordering in advance costs full price and you have to get the 50% as Refundable OBC on the ship. Most people don't like to overpay upfront and have additional OBC.  Something to watch for if ordering in advance.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FlightCrew777 said:

Wifi option to book is not available yet. Cruise is a not until 4/24.Thank you.

MedallionNet is ordered via the Princess App ... or web version.  It was removed from Cruise Personalizer quite some time ago.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Prices in post above.

You can book it before you sail.  You can also book on board.  Pricing is the same.  In advance, you pay by credit card.  On board, it is charged to your account so it can be covered by any OBC you may have.

There has been an issue in the App if it has bad data and your incorrect CC Member Level.  If you are not reognized as Elite or Platinum, ordering in advance costs full price and you have to get the 50% as Refundable OBC on the ship. Most people don't like to overpay upfront and have additional OBC.  Something to watch for if ordering in advance.

In your App profile check the color of the logo.  If it is black you should be ok.  If your App is having a problem it will show up blue.

1 hour ago, FlightCrew777 said:

Wifi option to book is not available yet. Cruise is a not until 4/24.Thank you.

I have 2 cruises booked in Spring 2025 & both show the WiFi price although won’t purchase it until closer to sailing or onboard if I have enough OBC to pay for it.

16 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

when i booked in advance - i was charged the full price of $105 and once on board I received a credit on our account for $52.50

How long ago?

That was my experience when the change was made a year or two ago but now it shows the 50% discounted price for my elite level. I’ve read about passengers whose app does not show the correct Captain’s Circle level being charged full price & receiving credit onboard the ship.

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

How long ago?

That was my experience when the change was made a year or two ago but now it shows the 50% discounted price for my elite level. I’ve read about passengers whose app does not show the correct Captain’s Circle level being charged full price & receiving credit onboard the ship.

I purchased it on the website on the computer, not on the phone using the app

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, roxievegas said:

when i booked in advance - i was charged the full price of $105 and once on board I received a credit on our account for $52.50

How long ago did you purchase? There was a few months where one had to pay full price and get discounted on board when the changes were being added to the system.  

These days both the web version of the App and the App itself should recognize status and charge the correct amount.

If you have the same problem these days using the App then you might look at the color of the logo in your profile picture on the App.  If the color does not match your status  then the medallion will not recognize your property CC status when making purchases in advance of your cruise.  There was/is a a problem where when Medallion was first launched and the account data populated some information was not passed correctly. This resulted in the Medallion not properly picking up your captains circle status when you were not onboard ship.  I suspect that like Princess systems if everything doesnot match a new captains circle number gets created.  In this case only in the medallion DB that is referenced when one is off ship.  Once onboard it references the shipboard system and would be accurate, the second the cruise ends and you are off ship it goes back to referencing the incorrect data.  The problem is known and can be corrected,  though it took me a few calls to get to a person that actually understood what I was telling them.

Edited by ldtr