One thing to be aware of if you book BOGO with a 1 or 2 day deviation

ontheweb

Their transfer if only good from the airport. For instance, we are flying in a day early to London landing at Heathrow. It does not affect us since we booked a hotel by the airport terminal we are flying in to, but if we had booked a hotel in London itself, we would have had to get back to the airport for our transfer. They would not have allowed us to take a transfer from London itself.

Edited by ontheweb
spelling correction
  • Thanks 1

Transfers from London  to Southampton by coach are relatively cheap. <£20pp.

Unless something planned around LHR/London just getting to Southampton can be better as often hotels are cheaper.

A lot of LHR airport don't have free transfers to/from the airport that's another cost using the Heathrow hopper or taxi.

56 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Their transfer if only good from the airport. For instance, we are flying in a day early to London landing at Heathrow. It does not affect us since we booked a hotel by the airport terminal we are flying in to, but if we had booked a hotel in London itself, we would have had to get back to the airport for our transfer. They would not have allowed us to take a transfer from London itself.

You can ask to have the transfer fee removed, you know. That's what we did. They were going to charge us something like $75 each for transfers to and from the airport. We elected to do it on our own and got an Uber instead, for much less.

• Like 2

If you request a deviation they normally remove the transfer (and cost) from your reservation.  So make sure that the transfer is still on your reservation if you are planning to use it.  I've lost track of the amount of time it's taken me to convince the NCL folks to put transfers back on because I often will stay near the airport and go back the morning of my cruise.  Heathrow has a couple of hotels within one of the satellite terminals, so super easy to take the airport shuttle.  But probably not a good choice if you want to explore London.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

If you request a deviation they normally remove the transfer (and cost) from your reservation.  So make sure that the transfer is still on your reservation if you are planning to use it.  I've lost track of the amount of time it's taken me to convince the NCL folks to put transfers back on because I often will stay near the airport and go back the morning of my cruise.  Heathrow has a couple of hotels within one of the satellite terminals, so super easy to take the airport shuttle.  But probably not a good choice if you want to explore London.

Thanks, we do have the transfers.