Coffee on Shadow, Where and how early?

TomTN

19 minutes ago, TomBeckCruise said:

What is offered.  i.e. Dark roast or double Americano?

We sail in about two weeks from Quebec City.

If you want the good stuff, I'm told the Arts Cafe is the place to go.  Question is how early you can snag a cup on your particular ship.

• Like 1

One of my biggest concerns on any trip!

Just got off the Spirit.  We get up at 5:30am to hit the gym so there were no options for us as the Arts Cafe opened at 6. What we did is grab a coffee before bed, put in fridge and an ice coffee at wake up.  Did the trick. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gcornell said:

Just got off the Spirit.  We get up at 5:30am to hit the gym so there were no options for us as the Arts Cafe opened at 6. What we did is grab a coffee before bed, put in fridge and an ice coffee at wake up.  Did the trick. 

If you're getting up so early that you have to turn on a light to be sure you're wearing a matched pair of socks, you're getting up too early! 😁

That said, love your idea.  A cold Americano would definitely do the trick.

@TomBeckCruise

Should have asked... what cabin class?  If you're in Silver Suite or above, you will have your own Illy coffee maker in your cabin.  Serious brew, that.

superior veranda suite

LOL, I typically get up at daylight. 

But, DW does not, and I don't want to disturb her by making coffee.

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

If you're getting up so early that you have to turn on a light to be sure you're wearing a matched pair of socks, you're getting up too early! 😁

That said, love your idea.  A cold Americano would definitely do the trick.

@TomBeckCruise

Should have asked... what cabin class?  If you're in Silver Suite or above, you will have your own Illy coffee maker in your cabin.  Serious brew, that.

Edited by TomBeckCruise

We have not been on a SS ship for 10 years, sailing primarily on Regent and Oceania during that period. But next month we are booked on a Halifax to Ft. Lauderdale cruise on the Silver Cloud. Although it says "Expedition", the excursions are quite normal. Since this is a coffee thread, is there any coffee bar on this ship at all? We have been used to coffee bars of various names and configurations on our last cruises and gotten pretty spoiled. I don't see anything on the deck plans. Can coffees be ordered from bars? And would they be available in the morning? Or are we just out of luck? Not a deal breaker obviously.

Both the pool bar and the Panorama bars have an espresso machine with full coffee service, but only during their operating hours (which starts at 9 for the pool bar).  Panorama does have the "early riser" continental spread with coffee service, times posted in the Chronicle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cotto22 said:

We have been used to coffee bars of various names and configurations on our last cruises and gotten pretty spoiled. I don't see anything on the deck plans.

I believe you are thinking of the Arts Cafe, at least that's what it's called on the ships for which we have reservations.  And it's more than just coffee -- plenty of other calories to be had as well!

https://qtxasset.com/2017-04/silvermuseartscafepastries.jpg?cGxAJO6m0llqdGBRehpSz.6RAXLfASHN

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

There is an Arts Cafe on Shadow. Deck plans show it is on deck 5.  

TomBeckCruise was asking about Shadow (when Arts Cafe isn't open at that early hour before they go to the gym) and cotto22 is on Cloud which doesn't have an Arts Cafe at all - no dedicated coffee shop on that ship.

On 8/3/2023 at 1:16 AM, gcornell said:

Couldn’t you have ordered room service coffee for 5:30?

7 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Couldn’t you have ordered room service coffee for 5:30?

Yes, of course.  In fact, they could have made arrangements for said “hot” coffee to be a standing order and served each day @ 5:30a.  Amazing what Butlers can do these days. 🙄

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Yes, of course.  In fact, they could have made arrangements for said “hot” coffee to be a standing order and served each day @ 5:30a.  Amazing what Butlers can do these days. 🙄

But what coffee do they have access to at that hour?  Remember back that it sounded like the OP wanted the 'good stuff'.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

But what coffee do they have access to at that hour?  Remember back that it sounded like the OP wanted the 'good stuff'.

I’m a simple guy.  If my buddy can drink Folgers, surely the OP can survive with Illy @ 5:30a.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1