A couple thoughts/ observations as we depart the Caribbean Princess

tml1230

We are about to disembark the ship here in Quebec City. We booked this excellent New England and Canada itenerary after 2 incredible voyages on the Regal P.

Truth be known, based on so many negative comments here about the CP I had VERY low expectations for this cruise. Recently  4-5 posters have positively commented about the ship and crew which gave me some hope. I greatly appreciated that!

Yea, the CP is showing its age and some furniture in public areas could use an upgrade, but the ship  is meticulously maintained.

After 35 or so cruises the overall quality of food in the dining room and buffet was in the top 5 of all our cruises.

We have come to expect outstanding crew members on Princess and again we were not disappointed on CP.  Nobody  hires better crew members than Princess in my opinion. 

If you have an upcoming cruise on the Caribbean P. I think you will have an outstanding cruise.

Now ...if Princess could screen out some of those self absorbed, entitled passengers!! The ones who feel it is necessary  to  talk VERY LOUDLY in every venue? Also the ones who treat staff like servants..... then life would be perfect!!

Have a safe and memorable cruise!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

28 minutes ago, tml1230 said:

We are about to disembark the ship here in Quebec City. We booked this excellent New England and Canada itenerary after 2 incredible voyages on the Regal P.

Truth be known, based on so many negative comments here about the CP I had VERY low expectations for this cruise. Recently  4-5 posters have positively commented about the ship and crew which gave me some hope. I greatly appreciated that!

Yea, the CP is showing its age and some furniture in public areas could use an upgrade, but the ship  is meticulously maintained.

After 35 or so cruises the overall quality of food in the dining room and buffet was in the top 5 of all our cruises.

We have come to expect outstanding crew members on Princess and again we were not disappointed on CP.  Nobody  hires better crew members than Princess in my opinion. 

If you have an upcoming cruise on the Caribbean P. I think you will have an outstanding cruise.

Now ...if Princess could screen out some of those self absorbed, entitled passengers!! The ones who feel it is necessary  to  talk VERY LOUDLY in every venue? Also the ones who treat staff like servants..... then life would be perfect!!

Thank you for posting this.  We are booked for 27 days on her in May 2024.  I was really getting leery with all the negative posts.  Normally I take them with a grain of salt.  Please tell me you didn't see roaches everywhere.  We are in a window suite for the first time and so looking forward to it.

I was on her in April as well and did not have any bad situations in my cabin that others have reported and will more than likely sail  out of port Canaveral when she moves there since I'm only 2 and a half hours from the port versus 5 hours to ft Lauderdale.

1 hour ago, getaway101 said:

Thank you for posting this.  We are booked for 27 days on her in May 2024.  I was really getting leery with all the negative posts.  Normally I take them with a grain of salt.  Please tell me you didn't see roaches everywhere.  We are in a window suite for the first time and so looking forward to it.

I spent 28 days in April/May and I’m on now as well in Quebec, I have NEVER seen roaches 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your positive comments. I wasn't concerned much about the negative comments and, to date, we have only had good experiences on Princess ships. We are sailing the BTB from NY to Quebec and return and are very much excited to sail her. The Grand Class ships will always be our favorites in the fleet. I agree about the entitled passengers. They seem to be on every ship. Surprisingly, we were on the QM2 last May and nearly all the passengers were delightful and engaging. 

• Like 3

Boarding on August 14, and so pleased to read your balanced report after all the negativity.  Have to agree about loud passengers, it happens everywhere.  Last cruise in June, we we were seated in a very quiet bar area enjoying a coffee and a “lady” came and sat near us and started FaceTiming her family at top volume.  If anyone is interested I now know the names of all the grandchildren and what a couple of the mummies have been doing, bit naughty. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tml1230 said:

Still my favorite Princess ship and have two cruises booked up to 2025. I will sail on her until they tow her to the scrapyard. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Boarding on August 14, and so pleased to read your balanced report after all the negativity.  Have to agree about loud passengers, it happens everywhere.  Last cruise in June, we we were seated in a very quiet bar area enjoying a coffee and a “lady” came and sat near us and started FaceTiming her family at top volume.  If anyone is interested I now know the names of all the grandchildren and what a couple of the mummies have been doing, bit naughty. Lol

This is why I hate cell phones etc.  I cruise for rest and relaxation especially on TAs but now everyone has a cell phone with them at all times….grrrrrr.  Take cruising back to the days of cruising.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, getaway101 said:

Haa! we saw zero roaches, we saw zero leaky and or moldy ceilings or walls, our A/C and toilet worked perfectly!

Watching her at the dock as we pulled away from the port I left like I was leaving a good friend behind! 

have a safe cruise!

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Gwendy said:

we were seated in a very quiet bar area enjoying a coffee and a “lady” came and sat near us and started FaceTiming her family at top volume. 

We had this happen on the Enchanted Princess in February - every afternoon on their balcony (next to ours) they FT with kids and grands back home - loudly (and long) !!!  I finally said to please take it inside their cabin.  It got better.

Also had the same thing on NCL Joy Observation Lounge - so not only Princess.

CB - still remains one of my favorite ships 🛳️😀

• Like 2

On 8/3/2023 at 6:40 PM, Gwendy said:

Last cruise in June, we we were seated in a very quiet bar area enjoying a coffee and a “lady” came and sat near us and started FaceTiming her family at top volume.  If anyone is interested I now know the names of all the grandchildren and what a couple of the mummies have been doing, bit naughty. Lol

I absolutely hate people who do this any time, let alone on a cruise.

R

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Idratherbeatsea said:

We were also just off Caribbean Princess. Excellent cruise, excellent food and service. FYI she is scheduled for a 3 week dry dock in Oct/Nov 2024 at a Italian shipyard.

A 3-week drydock is great news!  Major renovations!

9 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Sailing on the Caribbean late April 2024 with my youngest daughter and her family. Grandkids are excited. Thanks for the information.

I don't know how old your grandkids are but we were on the Caribbean Princess in July with our almost 4 years old and 8 1/2 years old granddaughters.  They had a blast at the kid's area with the splash pad, small (but deep so bring floaties if any are non-swimmers) pool, and even tried the hot tub.  The older one went to the kids club the last two days and loved it.  The younger didn't want to go but now says she will go on our next cruise.  They also enjoyed the production shows.  The youngest is still talking about the dancing 'princesses' in Bravo and the older whispered to me "do the dancers get to keep their dresses?"  When I replied "no", she said "Well if I was a dancer I would insist on it." 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I don't know how old your grandkids are but we were on the Caribbean Princess in July with our almost 4 years old and 8 1/2 years old granddaughters.  They had a blast at the kid's area with the splash pad, small (but deep so bring floaties if any are non-swimmers) pool, and even tried the hot tub.  The older one went to the kids club the last two days and loved it.  The younger didn't want to go but now says she will go on our next cruise.  They also enjoyed the production shows.  The youngest is still talking about the dancing 'princesses' in Bravo and the older whispered to me "do the dancers get to keep their dresses?"  When I replied "no", she said "Well if I was a dancer I would insist on it." 

Thanks. I'll pass the floatie info to my daughter. Granddaughters will be 3 1/2 & 6 1/2 grandson 9 1/2. Have shown some stuff about the Kids Discovery to the two oldest. They seem interested.