Cabin bookings 'Closed' vs 'Waitlist'?

kayakcove

Curious on cabin listings for booking sailings I see three results, ‘available’, ‘waitlist’ and ‘closed’. Waitlist is easy enough to understand, what does ‘closed’ translate to? 

Just booked Vista for May 11, 2024, in a B2 with three in the cabin. Looking at the listing again B2 shows up as ‘available’, when starting a booking for three it becomes “closed’.  I then tested it as a party of two and it showed up as ‘waitlist”. I know there are fewer cabins available for three, but someone can still cancel this far out.

16 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

Curious on cabin listings for booking sailings I see three results, ‘available’, ‘waitlist’ and ‘closed’. Waitlist is easy enough to understand, what does ‘closed’ translate to? 

Just booked Vista for May 11, 2024, in a B2 with three in the cabin. Looking at the listing again B2 shows up as ‘available’, when starting a booking for three it becomes “closed’.  I then tested it as a party of two and it showed up as ‘waitlist”. I know there are fewer cabins available for three, but someone can still cancel this far out.

Some cabin have sofa beds to accommodate more than two people. They should be identified on the deck plan. So, depending on your cabin pick for more than two folks, it will be available or waitlisted if it has the sofa bed and not available if it doesn’t accommodate more than 2 people.

• Like 1

It could be the lifeboat capacity for the area  is full so they cannot accommodate  3 pax in that lifeboat  section bet they already accounted for  2 pax  adding another PAX  would not be allowed

Each section on the ship is assigned to a specific life boat   they have a maximum capacity

Category  Closed  might mean the wait list if reached the max number  so not going to wait list any more in that category

Just guessing  of course

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Category  Closed  might mean the wait list if reached the max number  so not going to wait list any more in that category

Just guessing  of course

Surprised at them not taking the opportunity to hold more “interest free” deposits for a few months, (even though they know they will most likely have to refund them later)…

On 8/4/2023 at 5:49 AM, bob brown said:

Surprised at them not taking the opportunity to hold more “interest free” deposits for a few months, (even though they know they will most likely have to refund them later)…

I think they’d rather have you continue to look for a cruise that you can actually go on. Cancellation rates are probably a negative indicator, not one they want to “gin up”. JMO

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Have noticed Cat. S solo is often closed.  In my opinion, If CXL made, O would most likely assign that cabin to an OV GTY.

Maybe not   there  are more people looking  a travelling solo  these days

Sometimes the  entertainers/guest performers  were put in those cabins in the past