Complete change of port schedule for November 8 ten-day cruise

Leejnd4

I thought I should mention that if anyone is booked on the Paul Gauguin November 8 ten-day Society/Tuomotu cruise, they just completely changed the port schedule! I got an email yesterday that said this:

"We are writing to you today to let you know that we have adjusted the itinerary of this cruise as we have been notified that a much larger cruise ship is now scheduled to call into Fakarava the day we had planned to visit there. We believe this would adversely impact your experience on the island and as such we have revised the order of our ports to preserve our unique offering."

Every single port stop except for the final two (Motu Mahana and Moorea) has changed. Initially I was rather freaked out because I booked a couple of private tours MONTHS ago, and I didn't want to lose them.

I know many FP cruisers are fans of H2O Bora Bora, and I'm pleased to say they were SUPER helpful! Aimee responded to my email within minutes, and shifted our group to the new date. I've been super impressed with their service so far, and I keep reading excellent reviews of them, so I'm very excited about this snorkel tour.

I haven't heard back from Janou at Huahine-Private yet, but if she can't adjust then we'll find something else to do.

I've had cruises shift the odd port stop in the past, but never the entire itinerary! That was a bit of a shock. But I will say I appreciate not having to share Fakarava with an enormous ship. So good on PG!

One question to the PG experts in here: Fakarava is now a 2-day stop - instead of a sea day sailing there, it's the first port stop and we arrive at 1:30 pm, and then stay overnight. My question is: do you think they'll offer any PG tours, or maybe dives, that first afternoon? I believe it's unusual to have Fakarava be an overnighter. But since we're there, I'd love to take advantage of the amazing underwater world as much as possible!

Oh, and if you're booked on this cruise, please come over to our roll call! 😁

5 hours ago, Michelle Bradtke said:

I, too, would be interested in knowing if we can book snorkel tours that first day in Fakarava. I assumed we would be there in the morning, not 1:30.

Nope  .... 1:30 PM ... as stated on the PG web page 😉

Meaning first tender will likely not happen before 2:00PM. There could be a few snorkeling opportunities in the North pass in the afternoon but know the wind usually comes up in the afternoon making the water a bit choppy. Best time for snorkeling will be in the morning.

• Like 1

So, also on Fakarava, Linda Bigsby has found a snorkeling tour for our second day on that island. The ship's snorkel trips are short or either go to the far side of the island (meaning more of a boat ride excursion than a snorkel), so she got a recommendation from Jerry Dallons for a full-day trip with Fakarava excursions (ato). We have 5, and need at least 3 more people for them to run it. (They'll go to 14). 

Leaves from pier: 8:30 am , 11/10

3 snorkel stops, including Blue Lagoon

Lunch on the beach

Returns to the pier at 3:30 

$130 per adult

Minimum 8 passengers

Trip goes to the north pass which is more time snorkeling, less time boating

Please let me know if you are interested so Linda or I can get you their contact info to register.

9 minutes ago, Michelle Bradtke said:

So, also on Fakarava, Linda Bigsby has found a snorkeling tour for our second day on that island. The ship's snorkel trips are short or either go to the far side of the island (meaning more of a boat ride excursion than a snorkel), so she got a recommendation from Jerry Dallons for a full-day trip with Fakarava excursions (ato). We have 5, and need at least 3 more people for them to run it. (They'll go to 14). 

Leaves from pier: 8:30 am , 11/10

3 snorkel stops, including Blue Lagoon

Lunch on the beach

Returns to the pier at 3:30 

$130 per adult

Minimum 8 passengers

Trip goes to the north pass which is more time snorkeling, less time boating

Please let me know if you are interested so Linda or I can get you their contact info to register.

I wish I could do this! But I'm going to be scuba diving all day. (The diving in Fakarava is supposed to be some of the best in French Polynesia.) And Sandy is mobility-challenged, so I need to be there with her to assist in any excursions she takes. I'll check with her, but I don't think she'd be comfortable doing it without me. 

Thanks for the details Jerry. Now that I see the boat, and hear what the tour is like, I'm 100% sure Sandy won't be able to do it without me. We'll find something else for her to do while I'm off diving.

I've read nothing but FABULOUS things about Ato's tour! If I wasn't diving all day, I'd be on it for sure. 🙂 

• Like 1

Linda and Michelle

Ann and myself would be interested in Ato's tour that day.   Do you have any more information other than what is on TripAdvisor?

You can reach me at rlk33853@hotmail.com 

Thanks

Ray and Ann

45 minutes ago, RLK33853 said:

Linda and Michelle

Ann and myself would be interested in Ato's tour that day.   Do you have any more information other than what is on TripAdvisor?

You can reach me at rlk33853@hotmail.com 

Thanks

Ray and Ann

Excellent!  It will be a great day!  Sent you a message.