Involuntary Cabin Change at final payment

MaisonRose

MSC ORCHESTRA NOV 9 from Marseille.

i just received my new invoice and in checking details my cabin #  11191 has been changed to cabin #12133.

our travel companions have been moved                 from cabin #11189                                                 #12134

…. I’m so we are now below the pool deck and we’re on port side and they are on starboard.

I’m sure you all understand that I spent a long time researching cabin locations and booked our original assignment based on it’s availability.

Advice, please   We booked this cruise through our long time rep from an internet company. Also we are in our 80s.

Thanks to all my fellow cruisers for your wisdom.

Susan.

This is what you agreed to when you signed the contract. Cabin numbers are not guaranteed, minimum type/category is.

All is according to contract, nothing to complain about.

Nevertheless your long standing TA might be able to assist. A polite request on your behalfe might (!) move you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

i just received my new invoice and in checking details my cabin #  11191 has been changed to cabin #12133.

our travel companions have been moved                 from cabin #11189                                                 #12134

The only good thing is that there is a hallway / passthrough right outside your cabin to go across the deck to their cabin

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

The only good thing is that there is a hallway / passthrough right outside your cabin to go across the deck to their cabin

Well: my long term (11 yrs) agent managed to change our friends cabin back to the original 11191 and now we are 12133 on different decks.

I’m Diamond, this is their second cruise ever. So obviously this is totally arbitrary. We would be best on the same deck, right?

26 minutes ago, MaisonRose said:

Well: my long term (11 yrs) agent managed to change our friends cabin back to the original 11191 and now we are 12133 on different decks.

I’m Diamond, this is their second cruise ever. So obviously this is totally arbitrary. We would be best on the same deck, right?

Yes.  You’d be better on same deck. 

18 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

Why?

Distance can be a good thing between traveling companions.

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Why?

Distance can be a good thing between traveling companions.

Age, mobility. The last thing these 80 Something’s need is to spend energy looking for each other. Sadly that’s what it comes to eventually!

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 4:31 PM, MaisonRose said:

…. I’m so we are now below the pool deck and we’re on port side and they are on starboard.

I’m sure you all understand that I spent a long time researching cabin locations and booked our original assignment based on it’s availability.

Advice, please   We booked this cruise through our long time rep from an internet company. Also we are in our 80s.

Thanks to all my fellow cruisers for your wisdom.

Susan.

Welcome to MSC!

They seem to always do this, especially from my perspective.

At least 5 out of the last 8 and I have been in Yacht club. 

They even did it to our family cruise which was allot of YC cabins.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2023 at 6:54 PM, Morgsmom said:

Well: an update. No miracles but my agent got me back to 12133 which like you said, at least 12134 is through the Lift passage. It is still under the pool/buffet deck but as you pointed out, preferable to separate decks.

Our holiday will be much more fun if I let go of my anxiety and go with the  flow.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Susan

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Assuming you booked Fantastica experience you can ask your agent for a one category upgrade:  image.thumb.png.12465b95d1eaf8f34f99cae3645ec550.png

Unfortunately it is not automatically applied when the cabin is moved, and I think some TA are not aware of it.

Only if they decide to honor it.  They make it up.  I had an operational change and got a 2 category downgrade with no reduction in fare.