Cabin location?

Snowcat1

We have never been on a PG cruise and we’re wondering about cabin location. We would definitely want a balcony. Any location better than others or cabins NOT to book? What about the aft cabins?

23 hours ago, Snowcat1 said:

My husband thought it might be rougher at the back?

In rough seas it will be more pitch up and down in the rear ... how it effects people is different, some it isn't a big deal but for some it can be 'a big deal' 😉

More stable is mid=ship down low, another words deck 3 and 4 (no balcony). It's a trade off.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

On 8/5/2023 at 5:39 PM, Snowcat1 said:

My husband thought it might be rougher at the back?

The aft is rougher than the middle, but nowhere near as rough as the front.  My wife walks 3 miles a day on land and onboard, usually in a passenger corridor that loops around (safe from wind and weather...) – and she has reported to me about many ships of different sizes and designs:  the answer is always the same.  I'm welcome to book an aft-view cabin, but never anything in the front 1/2 of the ship.  

[Note that the fulcrum is not the center – because of the weight of the engines etc. the fulcrum is shifted to the rear, just as a heavy person on a seesaw tilts the fulcrum to that end.  So don't think of 1/3 bad, 1/3 great and 1/3 ok, but rather as 1/4 bad, 1/2 ok, 1/4 great and 1/4 ok]

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The aft is rougher than the middle, but nowhere near as rough as the front.  My wife walks 3 miles a day on land and onboard, usually in a passenger corridor that loops around (safe from wind and weather...) – and she has reported to me about many ships of different sizes and designs:  the answer is always the same.  I'm welcome to book an aft-view cabin, but never anything in the front 1/2 of the ship.  

[Note that the fulcrum is not the center – because of the weight of the engines etc. the fulcrum is shifted to the rear, just as a heavy person on a seesaw tilts the fulcrum to that end.  So don't think of 1/3 bad, 1/3 great and 1/3 ok, but rather as 1/4 bad, 1/2 ok, 1/4 great and 1/4 ok]

Huh?

You came up with 125% 

You mean all those expensive owner suites at the front of the ship don't have self leveling features 😂

3 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Huh?

You came up with 125% 

You mean all those expensive owner suites at the front of the ship don't have self leveling features 😂

I learned math from Yogi ["pair up in threes"] 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1