Is a 1:35pm flight out of MIA doable after a Ft Lauderdale Cruise?

Aurianna

We are sailing in Ft. Lauderdale in January.

Currently we have tickets home out of FLL at 6:40pm but I don't really relish hanging around all day and having to keep track of our bags. It would also nice to get home before it's super late since we'll have work/school the next day.

I found the option of a 1:35pm flight out of MIA instead.

• Is it possible to get to MIA in time for a 1:35pm flight?
  • If so is it possible to still do so with one or both of the following:
    • Can we still exercise the option to check our luggage with the cruiseline (Disney) the night before and not cart it around the boat all morning?
    • Can we make it by taking the Tri-rail? Or is Uber the only option that will be fast enough?

Thanks!

You should have no problem. You also do not have to hustle off the ship. Depending on traffic it will take about 45 minutes to get to MIA. I would skip Tri-Rail. Too much hauling luggage around. Use Uber.

17 minutes ago, skrufy said:

You should have no problem. You also do not have to hustle off the ship. Depending on traffic it will take about 45 minutes to get to MIA. I would skip Tri-Rail. Too much hauling luggage around. Use Uber.

Confession: I'm 40 years old and have never used Uber. Are there going to be people who are willing to pick up at cruise port and drive all the way to Miami?

Also, we'll be a party of 5. Will we likely have to take two separate cars?

5 hours ago, Aurianna said:

Confession: I'm 40 years old and have never used Uber. Are there going to be people who are willing to pick up at cruise port and drive all the way to Miami?

Also, we'll be a party of 5. Will we likely have to take two separate cars?

You shouldn't have any issues getting an Uber to the Miami Airport.  I don't think any driver won't have a problem getting a return fare. 

For 5 people plus luggage you will need an Uber SUV (a Suburban or Tahoe).  I learned that the hard way last month when our group of 5 ordered an Uber XL which was not big enough for 5 people with 5 suitcases plus 5 carry-ons.  Even 4 people plus luggage was difficult in the Uber XL.