Dropping a 3rd person

So we are cruising next year with a group of people for my parents 50th Anniversary.  One of the couples that are going really would like to have a panoramic ocean view close to my parents room.  However the only ones still left are for 3 people and they are only sailing with 2.   Can I book them with 3 people and then as it gets closer to sailing drop the 3rd?  If we did that would they get that money back for the 3rd person and would they still get to keep the same room or would they then have to switch rooms?  If there is no way around this they understand but I was just trying to see if there was a way to make it happen.  I can not switch my parents room as they need a handicap room and it was one of the only ones left.  

12 minutes ago, shorti503 said:

So we are cruising next year with a group of people for my parents 50th Anniversary.  One of the couples that are going really would like to have a panoramic ocean view close to my parents room.  However the only ones still left are for 3 people and they are only sailing with 2.   Can I book them with 3 people and then as it gets closer to sailing drop the 3rd?  If we did that would they get that money back for the 3rd person and would they still get to keep the same room or would they then have to switch rooms?  If there is no way around this they understand but I was just trying to see if there was a way to make it happen.  I can not switch my parents room as they need a handicap room and it was one of the only ones left.  

In order to drop them I'm sure you realize you would have to book a higher rate that is refundable unless you are booking a group rate. If it's a group rate, even if its refundable. What are the odds prices will be the same or lower when you want to refare the other 2 left in the cabin.

You cant just drop them and not refare the other 2. I have a couple booked where prices have doubled, what then? Someone said do a kids sail free and add a kid, idk as rarely totally free. So they could book 3 and have a no show but you want a fare back, which is iffy at best the direction prices are going. No show you get the fees and taxes back if the fake 3rd person no shows.

Check refundable rates, otherwise their deposit is gone to pay deposit for 3 and cancel 1. Sounds iffy to me.

46 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

In order to drop them I'm sure you realize you would have to book a higher rate that is refundable unless you are booking a group rate. If it's a group rate, even if its refundable. What are the odds prices will be the same or lower when you want to refare the other 2 left in the cabin.

You cant just drop them and not refare the other 2. I have a couple booked where prices have doubled, what then? Someone said do a kids sail free and add a kid, idk as rarely totally free. So they could book 3 and have a no show but you want a fare back, which is iffy at best the direction prices are going. No show you get the fees and taxes back if the fake 3rd person no shows.

Check refundable rates, otherwise their deposit is gone to pay deposit for 3 and cancel 1. Sounds iffy to me.

Ok thank you!  I will just let them know we will have to put them on a different floor or they will have to find a 3rd person to bring along with them.

3 minutes ago, shorti503 said:

Ok thank you!  I will just let them know we will have to put them on a different floor or they will have to find a 3rd person to bring along with them.

Or be a no show. Wouldnt be the first time someone booked a fake pax. 

9 minutes ago, shorti503 said:

If the sail dates align, and they are booking this month, you may be able to make the phantom pax a child:

Kids Sail Free applies to new bookings made between August 1 – 31, 2023 (“Offer Period”) on sailings departing between September 1, 2023 – April 30, 2025 (“Offer Cruise”), providing free cruise fare for third guests and higher who are 12 years old and younger as of Offer Cruise departure date on sailings 3 nights or longer booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests in a triple or quad occupancy stateroom. Kids Sail Free excludes Thanksgiving Sailings departing between November 17, 2023 – November 24, 2023; November 22, 2024 – November 29, 2024, Holiday sailings departing between December 16, 2023 – January 5, 2024; December 20, 2024 – January 3, 2025, Spring break sailings departing March 8, 2024 – March 22, 2024; March 7, 2025 – March 28, 2025, Holy Week/Easter sailings departing March 22, 2024 – April 4, 2024; April 12, 2025 – April 24, 2025, Radiance Alaska Cruise Tour sailings departing August 1, 2023 – September 15, 2023 and Summer Sailings departing August 1, 2023 – September 1, 2023; May 22, 2024 – August 30, 2024. Taxes, fees, and port expenses are additional and apply to all guests.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You do not need to nook a refundable ratecto add or remove passengers. The type of rate makes no difference.

2 hours ago, shorti503 said:

You can book with 3.  Only if Roysl subsequently opens that booking to 2 passengers can you drop the third guest and get money back.  This can actually be done after final payment date as yhere are different rules for 3rd and 4th guests.  Third and 4th guests dropped from a reservation are rligible fir a full refund up until the final penalty phase which I'd 3p days prior to sailing.

As Orville mentioned. Book this with relative under 12 and have them be a no show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You do not need to nook a refundable ratecto add or remove passengers. The type of rate makes no difference.

But if I remove someone with a nonrefundable rate the deposit is lost right? You cancel your nonrefundable deposit is gone. Cant be what the OP is wanting.