Has anyone been to Harbour Lights recently During the day?

mjthecruiser

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s been awhile since we went to harbor lights. But since we don’t dock until 12pm this upcoming November, we felt it was worth booking the front row guarantee, without the lunch, as no point with a late arrival.   Happy to have chairs, umbrella and a good location.  I believe the cost was $35 US for both of us. Plus taxi and beverages.

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Harbour Lights in April this year. Took a cab from port. $5.00 each one way. Paid $30.00 each to go in. It included a drink each, umbrella and chair each, and we’re able to eat there for a cost but we didn’t. We had a big breakfast and we were fine until it was time to go back. It was great. We were on Celebrity and they were charging $70.00 per person but it did include buffet lunch which we heard was just ok. Beautiful beach. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, back for my review. We were there a couple days ago. We followed the signs off the ship to the taxi stand, very easy. They had tons of taxi vans, so all shared. $5 pp to harbor lights. Check in was quick and easy as we had front row reservations, paid in advance. They pointed us out the back and told us to look for our names. We found our 2 chairs with umbrella in front as promised. The beach was gorgeous, soft sand. Water blue and beautiful. You could rent jet skis, or go snorkeling if you wanted. It was interesting as the snorkeling spot was basically just right past the ropes, would be a quick swim but there is some boat traffic so idk about just swimming out there. We didn’t snorkel so can’t really tell you. Others said it was good. 🤷‍♀️ service was kind of lacking but we weren’t really pushing it. Started with a bucket of beer for hubby and a blended drink for me. They never came back but we could have grabbed someone if we really wanted to. I was just surprised as places like that usually want to sell drinks. As for the crowds, it was pretty full but it was fine. You won’t have a beach to yourself is all I’m saying. When we were ready to leave we grabbed a taxi waiting in parking lot, there were several, and back to port for $5pp.  Oh, and there were a couple vendors but they weren’t obnoxious. (Like today in St Maarten. 🤣)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

Ok, back for my review. We were there a couple days ago. We followed the signs off the ship to the taxi stand, very easy. They had tons of taxi vans, so all shared. $5 pp to harbor lights. Check in was quick and easy as we had front row reservations, paid in advance. They pointed us out the back and told us to look for our names. We found our 2 chairs with umbrella in front as promised. The beach was gorgeous, soft sand. Water blue and beautiful. You could rent jet skis, or go snorkeling if you wanted. It was interesting as the snorkeling spot was basically just right past the ropes, would be a quick swim but there is some boat traffic so idk about just swimming out there. We didn’t snorkel so can’t really tell you. Others said it was good. 🤷‍♀️ service was kind of lacking but we weren’t really pushing it. Started with a bucket of beer for hubby and a blended drink for me. They never came back but we could have grabbed someone if we really wanted to. I was just surprised as places like that usually want to sell drinks. As for the crowds, it was pretty full but it was fine. You won’t have a beach to yourself is all I’m saying. When we were ready to leave we grabbed a taxi waiting in parking lot, there were several, and back to port for $5pp.  Oh, and there were a couple vendors but they weren’t obnoxious. (Like today in St Maarten. 🤣)

Thank you so much for your review. Sounds like you had a decent time. Surprised about the service being slow because like you mentioned, they could make more $.We do plan on going there because we like that we can prebook our sets.

15 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

Thanks for your report on Harbour Lights.  We may consider it.  Question about taxi fares:  was the $5pp in USD or Barbadian dollars?  Thanks, Bill

7 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Thank you we are all booked, but I cannot find any details regarding what time the beach club opens.  Any one know?

We got directly off the ship at 8:00 and headed straight there. (Along with several others) they were open when we got there. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...