Observation Lounges

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

ChiefMate! You’re here!!!!! Yay!!!

Thanks friend!!  I was blissfully distracted by ten fantastic days on the Sun (photo in "another place") 🤣  More recently distracted by some of that "life" stuff, but the Chief is alive and kicking! 😎  It's hard to keep a good 🐀down.

Some very memorable moments on the Sun.  Nicos Duo became good friends with the Chief, and even sang him happy birthday (not something I thrive on, but it came from a good place).  Best performance was "holding back the years" by Simply Red.  They absolutely nailed it.  Nicolas actually spotted me on the streets of Seattle after disembark and gave me a nice shout out.  Fun times.  Matthew played me "wish you were here" about four times.  It was a standing order and every time he spotted me in the audience, it was one of his next songs.  Great guitar players do NOT require any arm twisting to play a fantastic David Gillmore song, and "wish you were here" has developed a special meaning for us friends of Marty.  Ed Kelley was fantastic on the piano.  A great guy from the great white north (like yourself) who knows a lot of great songs and can play the heck out of a piano.  He played me Bach.  He played me Cat Stevens.  He played me Harry Chapin.  He played me Ray Charles as an "inside joke" as his final song of the cruise.  I'll fill you in sometime!  I actually struggled (good thing) to figure out which of those three I was going to attend every evening.  A fabulous cruise, and the weather was even nice enough for us to see hubbard glacier (many recent cruises have been blocked by ice or fog).  Nice to see you too!  

ETA: Ed even played Enya Orinoco Flow upon request of DW or DD (I can't remember which).  It was one of those situations where it was requested one night and he came back with it the next.  I really like these NCL performers and give them the proper rave reviews in the post cruise surveys.  Hopefully everybody does.  Orinoco Flow also has some history among the pack.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 10:37 PM, NW Pacific said:

Have been on the Bliss twice in the Haven, there was no entertainment in the Observation Lounge.   Also have been with friends in March on the Bliss non haven, the non-haven observation lounge did have some good piano  music, singers.

Maybe an anomalie on your sailings?

Our OL entertainment was excellent.

Edited by graphicguy