Observation Lounges

Will be on Bliss in a couple of weeks. We are in Haven, have heard there is no entertainment in Observation Lounge. Correct?

Is there entertainment in other Observation Lounge and if so, is it bands, piano? And what times? Also heard no ice-cream machines in Observation Lounges. BOO!    Thanks for any info. 

Correct. We just experienced it in June on our Alaska cruise. There is no entertainment in the Bliss Haven Observation Lounge. Correct, too, no ice cream, but from 7am-5pm there is incredible snackable breakfast/brunch/lunch/afternoon buffet (restocked frequently, changed over at noon), plus an excellent espresso machine with assorted drinks it can create, teas, juice, etc.  Then if there is something you want that isn't there, or a drink from the bar, there is wait staff who will bring you whatever you ask. Upper level has library/board games. Wonderful place to relax, quiet conversations. 

It will vary from cruise to cruise.  We did the Bliss twice in April and had a fantastic Piano player (and others) in the OL.  Her name was Oana, or something like that.  I look forward to listening to her again.  She did great Bach, but only upon request, which i did, which she really seemed to appreciate. Talented piano players really like requests for amazing piano. 😎

I just spent ten days listening to Ed Kelly on the Sun.  He also did great Bach, but only 1.5 times, as the second time the crowd was baffled/confused/etc.  One dude thought that "Jesu Joy of Man's desiring" was "just a wedding song."  I try, but I can only do so much. 🤣 He also did a lot of other fantastic stuff, as did Matthew and the Nicos duo.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Have been on the Bliss twice in the Haven, there was no entertainment in the Observation Lounge.   Also have been with friends in March on the Bliss non haven, the non-haven observation lounge did have some good piano  music, singers.

1 hour ago, NW Pacific said:

Have been on the Bliss twice in the Haven, there was no entertainment in the Observation Lounge.   Also have been with friends in March on the Bliss non haven, the non-haven observation lounge did have some good piano  music, singers.

So, are you talking about the Haven Horizons lounge? Or the non-haven Observation Lounge?

Edited by BirdTravels

The Haven "Observation"  Lounge on Deck 17 did not have entertainment, the "Observation Lounge" non haven,  on deck 15 did have entertainment for a few hours nightly.  Must not have the correct references to the two different Observation lounges correct.  Hope this helps. In fact on both Bliss Haven cruises, the OB Lounge at night was pretty much empty, with low lights and a nice quiet spot

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 12:29 PM, BirdTravels said:

There is entertainment in the Observation Lounges every night. Ice Cream is directly above the observation lounge 1 deck. Or 24/7 at The Local. 

Just off Bliss - love the Observation Lounge, and the food from 12-5 YUMM  Does Getaway, Breakaway, Escape have food like that somewhere? 😄 

On 8/8/2023 at 12:15 PM, drumming cruisers said:

Will be on Bliss in a couple of weeks. We are in Haven, have heard there is no entertainment in Observation Lounge. Correct?

Is there entertainment in other Observation Lounge and if so, is it bands, piano? And what times? Also heard no ice-cream machines in Observation Lounges. BOO!    Thanks for any info. 

Yes, entertainment and the Latitude party was there; and such yummy food from 12-5 see below.  The very back of buffet has the 2nd level of the Observation Lounge - and therefore the amazing front windows.  Hope this helps - feel free to ask away. General Ship Tip, grab the first elevator that goes up or down, that will make it stress free 😄 

IMG-0615.jpg

IMG-0675.jpg

Edited by kessdarln
  • Like 3

On 8/8/2023 at 9:25 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

It will vary from cruise to cruise.  We did the Bliss twice in April and had a fantastic Piano player (and others) in the OL.  Her name was Oana, or something like that.  I look forward to listening to her again.  She did great Bach, but only upon request, which i did, which she really seemed to appreciate. Talented piano players really like requests for amazing piano. 😎

I just spent ten days listening to Ed Kelly on the Sun.  He also did great Bach, but only 1.5 times, as the second time the crowd was baffled/confused/etc.  One dude thought that "Jesu Joy of Man's desiring" was "just a wedding song."  I try, but I can only do so much. 🤣 He also did a lot of other fantastic stuff, as did Matthew and the Nicos duo.  

LOVED the OL on the Bliss.  Can’t recall the piano player’s name, either.  But, she was excellent and I enjoyed having a beverage there just to listen to her.  Her repertoire was broad and she was adept at all of it.

On another note, I think Bliss is just about the perfect ship for an Alaska cruise.  The OL is a major reason for that.

• Like 5

On 8/8/2023 at 6:47 PM, Go2SeaTheWorld said:

Correct. We just experienced it in June on our Alaska cruise. There is no entertainment in the Bliss Haven Observation Lounge. Correct, too, no ice cream, but from 7am-5pm there is incredible snackable breakfast/brunch/lunch/afternoon buffet (restocked frequently, changed over at noon), plus an excellent espresso machine with assorted drinks it can create, teas, juice, etc.  Then if there is something you want that isn't there, or a drink from the bar, there is wait staff who will bring you whatever you ask. Upper level has library/board games. Wonderful place to relax, quiet conversations. 

So there are food counters in the OL, but no bar? What would be the closest bar to OB?

14 minutes ago, darkhorizon said:

So there are food counters in the OL, but no bar? What would be the closest bar to OB?

There is a bar in the Observation Lounge (for the general public) as well as entertainment in the evenings. People are confusing the Haven Horizons OL with the one open to everyone. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kessdarln said:

Yes, entertainment and the Latitude party was there; and such yummy food from 12-5 see below.  The very back of buffet has the 2nd level of the Observation Lounge - and therefore the amazing front windows.  Hope this helps - feel free to ask away. General Ship Tip, grab the first elevator that goes up or down, that will make it stress free 😄 

IMG-0615.jpg

IMG-0675.jpg

@kessdarln Love to see another Emma Cruises fan with her Captain Hudson! Saving lives one stuffed animal at a time!

Warmest Amy

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Loved the Observation Lounge on the Bliss and Prima.

We're on the Pearl in December. I know there's no OL on the Pearl, but I seem to recall reading that the Spinnaker Lounge is similar to the OL. True?

@schmoopie17 Yes...The Spinnaker on the Pearl (and Gem) are very similar plus have lovely bar areas. Honestly, they are our favorite spots to hang out on these ships. There is a ton of trivia, performances, and activities here as well and the best views on the ship. 

Warmest Amy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jcathers1 said:

Seems very strange that there would be no nightly live entertainment in the Haven OL. Is there canned music playing, or is the entire place quiet?

I hope it's quiet.  If one wants entertainment, step down to the Observation Lounge.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I hope it's quiet.  If one wants entertainment, step down to the Observation Lounge.

I'm not suggesting karaoke. But on MSC, the Yacht Club lounge has a pianist/violinist/etc. every night. It is appropriate for the setting and adds greatly to the ambiance (in my opinion). I'm surprised there isn't something offered like this.

If you'rVe referring to the Bliss, the Haven Observation Lounge does not have entertainment in the evenings & was pretty much deserted . The people we met wanted to visit other places on the ship for music. 4 Nights on the Alaska cruise there were groups from the Haven going to at least one of the Broadway show performances. We had Jersey Boys & Six . As far as the closest bar from the Haven OL, it's right down the hall past the pool into the lounge/bar.

• Like 1