Back 2 Back....what Ships Do This

Not that I have any experience from which to speak:D ... but you do this-not the ship per say... you can book any ship b2b, or b2b2b, etc...:eek: , it is up to you what 2 itin you want to do... i know that some people are doing a b2b on the new freedom- which i think is the same itin... but then you dont have to get off at every port, either- spa services are cheaper on port days, etc...

Mariner alternates East and West.

Rhapsody alternates Ocho Rios for Key West...But that seems to very..

There are others...

I do my searching here...It makes for quick searches..http://www.pricelinecruiseoutlet.com/s/c/search.asp

You can pick a ship and browse its itin.

This is what we did in 2001. We booked the Radiance of the Seas for one week, Sat. to Sat., Royal Caribbean put us up in a nice convenient hotel in San Juan for Sat. night. On Sunday we were transferred across to the other side of Old San Juan and boarded the Adventure of the seas for another week. They paid for the hotel, we only had one airfare, and took pretty much 2 different itineraries. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Can anyone help me with this one..I want to go on a B2B on RCCL..and want to know if you can tell me what ships do this, but with different itinery's .ie:southern/western...

Has anyone done this?

Explorer of the Seas leaving out of Bayonne this summer (May - Nov). 9 night eastern followed by a 5 night Bermuda.

We did back-to-back on Mariner out of Port Canaveral - Eastern / Western Caribbean. We booked the same cabin so we didn't have to move. You will have to disembark the ship and go through customs, but all the back-to-back passengers were assembled after all others had gotten off the ship and taken off and through customs and right back on the ship. If you wanted to, you could leave the ship go someplace shoreside and re-board later, but you will not be able to reboard until after noon if you opt not to reboard right away.

There are also repositioning cruises which make for a very varied itinerary! There are Roll Calls here for a large number of people who are going on Radiance from San Diego roundtrip to Hawai'i and the up to Vancouver (and then to Alaska?!). You could also find Florida to Ensenada (via Panama Canal) and then to Hawai'i. Of course, a classic is Transatlantic, then Med or Baltic. Perhaps even segments of an around-the-world cruise.

The Web can really help find the more unusual choices.

:) Thank you everyone..we have done B2B on Carnival and know how and what it is all about..we have done both , moved cabins and stayed in the same...NO difference..I would again book a GTY cabin and not an assigned..no hope of upgrade on assigned..but what I am most interested in is if I am staying on the same ship, it would have to have different itineries..but even would concider leaving one ship and getting on another..i guess it would be the same as packing up and moving to another cabin..lol as long as the two had different itineries..

thanks again,, much appreciated..

This is what we did in 2001. We booked the Radiance of the Seas for one week, Sat. to Sat., Royal Caribbean put us up in a nice convenient hotel in San Juan for Sat. night. On Sunday we were transferred across to the other side of Old San Juan and boarded the Adventure of the seas for another week. They paid for the hotel, we only had one airfare, and took pretty much 2 different itineraries. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

IF I was ever to do a B2B this is the way I want to do it.

Staying on the same ship in the same cabin seeing the same shows eating the same food would rather dull my senses- even though going to different itineraries..

Hi - We're booked on Explorer for b2b cruises next Jan/Feb. First we're doing Western Caribbean and then Eastern. We'll stay in same room for the 2 weeks. Not sure how RCCL will handle the disembarking/boarding day, but I'm not worried. :)

B2B's on the same ship are very cool! You get extra goodies in your cabin, gifts, I think an extra party or lunch gathering.

We love them on the same ship. I would not want to pack up and schlep to another ship.

And, forgive me..........there is also the "neener, neener, neener" factor of watching everyone else get off the ship and you get to stay and keep cruising!!!!!:D

we did btb on the navigator east/west last year in the same hump cabin.there is alot to be said for not packing,but we are doing a btb in june on the adventure out of san juan and on the second week we are doing the carnival destiny just so we will have a varity of ports, adventure does same ports.so ill have to shlep this year o pitty me :) cant wait till june......

:) A B2B is the MOST AMAZING THING TO DO..when I started cruising we always left the day of...well to me that was a wasted day...flying, running to get on board, unpacking, etc...then on the night before the end of the cruise...packing, getting ready to leave..up at 6:30am..waiting for you call to get off.sitting in the airport all day...another WASTED day...so you have 5 days holidays..no way..NOW we fly down the day before...stay in a relaxing hotel...get up and head for the ship at our leisure..and as PCUR says...wave at all the people getting off the day at the end of the first week, and meeting all the new people the second week, coming onto the ship in AWE...lol

thanks everyone , it has been fun..keep them coming..more ideas, more ways to go..

:cool: I was being nice..didn't want to make others jealous...but you are so true..you just want to lean over and wave...and say...NEENER, NEENER, NEENER...I am staying onboard..

More people should try this..you already have the flight there and back , so what is another week of crusing..not much for what you get..you have to pay flights there and back so does not matter when you come back.it is the same price..

Can anyone help me with this one..I want to go on a B2B on RCCL..and want to know if you can tell me what ships do this, but with different itinery's .ie:southern/western...

Has anyone done this?

It depend on what time frame you are wanting. I have my first B2B booked on the Explorer for Jan 2007. The Explorer alternates eastern and western routes. We have the same cabin booked for both weeks. Seeing the same shows each week isn't a big deal to me. I don't recall going to that many on my first cruise. Having the same menu repeated in the dining room isn't all the important to me either. There was always more than one thing on the menu each night that I wanted to try.

Here is what I can recall from my research. I am basically only showing the Caribbean/Bermuda Cruises. Getting into the Mediterranean/Europe/Alaska/Hawaii/Panama Canal/Tranatlantic etc gets too complicated. This should give everyone a good starting point. Or as previous posters have mentioned...you could change ships for the second week.

Explorer of the Seas:

Nov-April out of Miami

Eastern Route = San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau

Western Route = Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman

May-Oct out of Cape Liberty

Eastern Route (9 day)= St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee

Bermuda (5 day) = Kings Wharf

Mariner of the Seas:

Eastern = Cococay, St. Thomas, St. Maarten

Western = Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Navigator of the Seas:

Eastern = San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau

Western = Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Voyager of the Seas:

Nov-April

Eastern = Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Labadee

Western= Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Jewel of the Seas:

Nov-April

Eastern (8 Day) = San Juan, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Thomas

Western (6 Day) = Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman

Radiance of the Seas:

Oct-April

Eastern (8 Day) = San Juan, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau

Western (6 Day) = Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay

Grandeur of the Seas

May-Nov Baltimore

Western (9 Day) = Grand Bahama, Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Port Canaveral

Bermuda (5 Day) = Kings Wharf

Hope this helps.

Marinda

One week to go til our first b2b on the Mariner. I always imagine more of a Bah Ha Ha Ha (while cracking a beer) feeling as opposed to Neener, neener, neerer. Then again, maybe I'm a sadist at heart. I'll have to let you know when we return.......

Check out the repositioning cruises. We are doing the Grandeur from Tampa to San Juan (stopping in Cozumel, Grand Caymans, and Aruba) followed by San Juan to Baltimore (stopping in St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Grand Bahama Island) starting April 29th, arriving in Baltimore on May 12th. Can't wait!!! I expect my favorite time will be the night before we get into San Juan. While everyone else will be packing to get off in the morning, we will be partying doing the neener, neener, Bah, ha, ha dance!!!

We're also doing a b2b on the Jewel 11/26 and 12/02 this winter. We will probably be able to relax and enjoy our balcony cabin more since we won't be in such a panic to see everything on the ship the 1st week. When it's over I'm sure they'll have to drag me off kicking & screaming - at least that's the plan.

Archived