Elite and Beverage Package Upgrade Question

itchtocruz

From Elite Benefits: 

• 10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • We purchased the Classic Package and want to upgrade to Premium, but in the Cart Check-out, the additional 10% off is not reflected. How do I get the additional 10% off?  

2 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I'd also check current sales, they are often cheaper (unless you have booked Always Included) and the Elite discounts can't be combined with sales anyway.

I have been able to combine Elite discounts and pre-cruise sales on such upgrades.  Just ask when you call.

9 hours ago, keesar said:

I have been able to combine Elite discounts and pre-cruise sales on such upgrades.  Just ask when you call.

On Upgrades, maybe but for the recent sales, they always denied me, so I didn't end up buying any package.

They recently do not allow to combine an online promotion with the additional loyalty discount.

It's either one or the other. Last week during the online sale I called to upgrade my drink package, and I could either take the 10% from CC or instead take the 50% off from the ongoing sale at that time, not both.

Honestly, if your cruise isn't in the near future, I would suggest to wait a bit and see if any new pre-cruise sales come up, since you might be able to save a lot by just being patient and checking the cruise planner once in a while.

37 minutes ago, SmilingOctopus said:

They recently do not allow to combine an online promotion with the additional loyalty discount.

It's either one or the other. Last week during the online sale I called to upgrade my drink package, and I could either take the 10% from CC or instead take the 50% off from the ongoing sale at that time, not both.

I find that completely ridiculous. So basically, your status for which you paid tens of thousands of dollars isn't even worth 10% to the company compared to Joe Schmoe from the street who books his first cruise.

This alone shows you that it's completely worthless to attain loyalty status with Celebrity. I would have bought the Premium package while it was on sale but I was so annoyed that I didn't buy anything. Paid for two drinks out of pocket and everything else came free during HH.