Bus or taxi to Horseshoe Bay

Cru1s1ng2009

We will be in port at 1 on a monday. the ship transfer to HS is sold out. will there be taxi or minibus service there? It doesnt look like there is official bus service on the gov website. 

i know this has been asked a million times but search isnt my friend. I have been here about 5 times but i never leave the dockyard area except once to HS about ten years ago. I want my friend to see how beautiful it is. 

49 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

We will be in port at 1 on a monday. the ship transfer to HS is sold out. will there be taxi or minibus service there? It doesnt look like there is official bus service on the gov website. 

i know this has been asked a million times but search isnt my friend. I have been here about 5 times but i never leave the dockyard area except once to HS about ten years ago. I want my friend to see how beautiful it is. 

There are minibuses that charge $7 per person per ride to Horseshoe. The minibuses shuttle back and forth between the Dockyard and Horseshoe. There are also plenty of taxis. That would be about $32 each way.  Certainly either is a  better option than you were planning with the sold out transfers uness you had OBC. There are public buses. Bermuda has an extensive public bus and ferry system. The public bus service is definitly on the government website. It ia a major government service. The private minibuses that shuttle to Horseshoe or a taxi are a better way to go to Horseshoe than the public bus  if you are only going to Horseshoe.  Minibuses and taxis can drop off and pick up at the beach while public bus stop requires a walk down and up a steep hill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

I've done the public bus numerous times. You pay for the roundtrip at the booth at the Dockyard.

You can buy two tokens which would be enough for a round trip or a transportation pass at the booth. The shuttle minibuses are a better option for Horseshoe than the public buses as they go right down to the beach. Plus there have been numerous bus cancellations every day this summer reported in their local press. I advise against the public buses if possible until they finish getting their new buses. 

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 10:09 AM, Charles4515 said:

There are minibuses that charge $7 per person per ride to Horseshoe. The minibuses shuttle back and forth between the Dockyard and Horseshoe. There are also plenty of taxis. That would be about $32 each way.  Certainly either is a  better option than you were planning with the sold out transfers uness you had OBC. There are public buses. Bermuda has an extensive public bus and ferry system. The public bus service is definitly on the government website. It ia a major government service. The private minibuses that shuttle to Horseshoe or a taxi are a better way to go to Horseshoe than the public bus  if you are only going to Horseshoe.  Minibuses and taxis can drop off and pick up at the beach while public bus stop requires a walk down and up a steep hill. 

thank you so much! I remember that hill very well!