Buenos Airies tours

jeanb

We will be ending our cruise with Celebrity in Buenos Aires next December. We have an overnight on the ship and a whole day after debarkation as our plane doesn't leave until late evening. I got a nice package for a tour of the city, Tango show at night and last day Tigre/Delta boat ride and transfer to the airport. Price was good. The tour operator is WoW Argentina. But we all have to prepay. There are 6 of us. Has anyone used this company and is it ok to prepay in advance? Any information would be appreciated.

We ran into some agencies outside BA that wanted to be paid up front, but were able to push that out to a couple of months before the actual trip. The only exception was our Iguazu falls trip where we paid early to lock down the flights and hotel.

We paid Defrantur in cash when we got to Buenos Aires.

You mentioned a tango show and flying out that evening. What time does the tango show end and what time is your flight.

The airport will be quite busy in the evening as all of the flights back to the United States leave around the same time so I would give yourself plenty of time at the airport. In addition to checking in at the check in counter can be quite long, after you to that you have to pay a fee to leave Buenos Aires which involves standing in line at another area.

Keith

We will be ending our cruise with Celebrity in Buenos Aires next December. We have an overnight on the ship and a whole day after debarkation as our plane doesn't leave until late evening. I got a nice package for a tour of the city, Tango show at night and last day Tigre/Delta boat ride and transfer to the airport. Price was good. The tour operator is WoW Argentina. But we all have to prepay. There are 6 of us. Has anyone used this company and is it ok to prepay in advance? Any information would be appreciated.

Hi Jeanb ...we have not used WOW personally but we plan to this coming January .....we are doing so on the recomendation of friends and others who have had nothing but glowing, positive comments about the operator.

They also accept Credit Cards and do not charge a service charge for doing so .... which we understand that others try to do.

Hope this helps

Ken & Jan

I haven't used WOW Argentina - yet, but plan to do so for our next visit.

Check out the Latin America |Argentina board on Fodor's and do a search for Cintia or WOW Argentina; you will see that "overall" they have gotten very positive reviews.

I highly recommend "Defrantur" - We had a complete pre cruise package from him in February which included airport pickup, city tour, three nights hotels, air to Iguazu, Iguazu tour, Tango show and transfers to the ship - Excellent service at less than half of Princess's price.

Ron

Very recently in BA, we did a city tour and tango show through

http://www.privatetours.com.ar/ing/default.htm.

Prices and service very good. They've been recommended by others on this board. Carlos was our guide and is very responsive. I believe he told us that they don't do the Falls but he has a friend who does. They seem to be very accomodating and I'd not hesitate to use them again.

To Keith1010,

We want to do a city tour Sat. morning and see a tango show Sat. evening.

On Sunday we want to do a Tigre/Delta boat ride with a transfer to the airport around 4 or 5 pm. As we are flying out late Sunday evening (10:45 pm) we should have sufficient time.

I've dealt with Cintia at Wow and can tell you she's extremely honest and reliable. No problem with pre-payment.

For tango show recommendations, it really depends on your tastes. Some are very "glitzy" with fancy lighting and big production feeling. We prefer something less glitzy and more "pure" tango. For that reason we went with Piazello and loved it.

My only regret was not going to a different tango show every night. They're all good and all different.

We also took a day tour with Carlos. Another extremely nice, reliable and honest guide.

Big recommendations for both of them.

Jane

jeanb,

Our day tour with Carlos of privatetours included lunch at Puerto Madera at Spezza, one of those chiasacurra (sp?) type restaurants and was very good. The next day we had lunch on our own at another restaurant in that area, BICE', which was excellent.

The day tour also included a ride on a catamaran to see the delta. Also a short train ride through an area of large homes on the hillside. I don't recall the name of the area.

We told Carlos we did not want one of the big glitzy tango shows but a more traditional one. He suggested El Querandi which we enjoyed and the price was certainly fair and service very good.

There was no payment prior to tours. Both were paid for near end of day tour and we were given a voucher for tango show as Carlos was not going to be with us. All went without a hitch. Hope this helps!! You'll love BA.

We also used Carlos of Private Tours in January when we were on the Regal. He was excellent and we had a great day with him. We also did not pay him any money until we met up with him on the day of the tour.

He is very prompt with his emails and I would highly recommend him.

Jennie

WE used Ricardo of Defrantur Tours for our post cruise tour os BA, trip to Iguazu and hotel in BA plus transfer to the airport and highly recommned his services.

We had a wonderful time with him and were very well taken care of.

For full details read my review which was on about page 5 of this board last time I checked.

South America Review Jan 2 - 30

Ann

When we used Defrantur for BA and Iguazu, Ricardo personally met us everywhere in BA - he even showed up halfway through the Tango show to see if we were happy - he is quite a guy.

Ron

Having read BCHappyGal's report we hooked up with Ricardo too and did BA & iguazu with him and he was great. He showed up during dinner before the Tango Show and chatted with us too!

Archived