Local restaurant recommendations in ISP and Skagway

jkmmah

We’ve been to both of these ports before, so this upcoming trip we really just want to chill, wander around, and eat at some local restaurants. At ISP, I think we will walk into town so seeking recommendations for hole in the wall, mom and pop type places with yummy seafood that are not right at the pier. Thanks in advance.

I have been doing some research for my October cruise and found several good recommendations for Fisherman's Daughter in Hoonah.  Apparently, many locals eat there.  Several cruisers have commented that it is a lovely waterside walk to the town from Icy Strait Point.  Their halibut and salmon dishes get rave reviews.  

I'll be interested in seeing recommendations for a more "local" experience at Skagway as well.

• Like 1

An interesting place in ISP is the ISP Brewing Company.  Right on the water on the outskirts of Hoonah.

When we were in Skagway last year we dined at the Skagway Brewing Company and didn't think the food was as good as in the past.  May have been an "off" day in the kitchen.  I am interested in more recent experiences.

Last year we also stopped at the Klondike Brewing Company.  No food, at least last year.  We purchased a flight and my husband thought that the beers at the KBC were better than at the SBC.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...