Studio cabins

rfs7306

I found searching for cruises with the number of people set to 1 didn’t limit me to solo cabins. It was cheaper to sail on a ship that didn’t have solo cabins even though I was travelling solo. More space was a great bonus.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, latebuyer said:

All i can say is book early. I’m looking at a studio next year thats 450.00 more then 2025. I think they jack up the price when they get booked.

Not necessarily, I’m travelling on the Prima in October in a studio cabin. When I booked in February the fare was around €2500, I got the fare adjusted yesterday and it’s now costing me €1300, so I really think each cruise is different. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, latebuyer said:

All i can say is book early. I’m looking at a studio next year thats 450.00 more then 2025. I think they jack up the price when they get booked.

that apply to all cabins. pricing increase as the ships gets more booked up and sail date gets one day closer

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

that apply to all cabins. pricing increase as the ships gets more booked up and sail date gets one day closer

And a week after final payment date, the price plummets, many times the solo supplement is waived, and you can score a much cheaper room. Now, studios are at a premium, so you'd probably not find a studio cabin available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

And a week after final payment date, the price plummets, many times the solo supplement is waived, and you can score a much cheaper room. Now, studios are at a premium, so you'd probably not find a studio cabin available. 

After the final payment date I was able to upgrade rooms and to FAS for almost nothing. The ship is 1/3 empty and there was already no single supplement.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

I found searching for cruises with the number of people set to 1 didn’t limit me to solo cabins. It was cheaper to sail on a ship that didn’t have solo cabins even though I was travelling solo. More space was a great bonus.

Maybe because Studio has  the special area that is protected by keycard?

I sail mainly studio cabins. They have been, in my experience, about $100-200 more than an inside cabin. If I am sailing on a new ship (I am itinerary motivated than ship motivated), I get the studio every time. I like the solo cruiser program for the most part. The solo's and the concierge make the experience better. I like having a lounge with snack and coffee at all times, I like having the happy hours...etc. 

• Like 3

The biggest benefit to the studio cabins is that, by default, the complex is an adult-only area. No kids next door, no kids running around the halls, no kids in the lounge. It is really (along with the Vibe Beach Club) one of the few kids-free areas on the ship.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I  heard  on the solo thread that they’ve been in a solo lounge where kids were running around. I guess some ships leave the door open as its at the discretion of the ship.

I think that’s an anomaly.  The kids should not be there.  I’ve been on four trips in studios and never saw a child anywhere in the complex or the lounge. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

I think that’s an anomaly.  The kids should not be there.  I’ve been on four trips in studios and never saw a child anywhere in the complex or the lounge. 

If I ever see a child, I'm reporting it immediately. That's no place for a kid. Shame on the parent who allowed it and those who let them in. I don't let anyone in the studio area. If they don't have a keyboard, they don't belong there.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, VineaMea said:

I sail mainly studio cabins. They have been, in my experience, about $100-200 more than an inside cabin. If I am sailing on a new ship (I am itinerary motivated then ship motivated), I get the studio every time. I like the solo cruiser program for the most part. The solo's and the concierge make the experience better. I like having a lounge with snack and coffee at all times, I like having the happy hours...etc. 

What concierge? Studio cabins don’t come with a concierge.

3 hours ago, Agent999 said:

The biggest benefit to the studio cabins is that, by default, the complex is an adult-only area. No kids next door, no kids running around the halls, no kids in the lounge. It is really (along with the Vibe Beach Club) one of the few kids-free areas on the ship.

That’s a huge plus for me. I might need my next NCL cruise to be in a studio cabin.

Already sold on the solo cabins but some people here make great points I did even consider in regard to the value of the solo lounge (which at first I did not see the value of but it does seem cool) and then a lack of kids. 

I put in an upgrade to try and get a balcony but if I don't get it I am sure I will love the solo cabin. Looks quiet and comfortable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

What concierge? Studio cabins don’t come with a concierge.

Yes they do, maybe another title is solo cruise coordinator. It's a crewmember dedicated to solo cruisers. He or she will plan activities, dinners, etc. depending upon the solo cruiser participatants interests. They host the meet and greet everyday. The ones I've had have been helpful with scheduling or changing dinner plans that I had. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ZachIsHere said:

Already sold on the solo cabins but some people here make great points I did even consider in regard to the value of the solo lounge (which at first I did not see the value of but it does seem cool) and then a lack of kids. 

I put in an upgrade to try and get a balcony but if I don't get it I am sure I will love the solo cabin. Looks quiet and comfortable.

The key to having the solo cabin is being organized so the space doesn't feel as cramped. You will have plenty of storage and as long as you are neat, you will enjoy it. You will have the living room space that has sweets, water, tea/coffee machine, tables, chairs, tv, and a small library, the Epic has books. The Epic and Breakaway class has bars in tge lounge. Newer ships above appear as they dont. Definitely no bar on the Escape. You can access the living room 24/7, but they may pull the pastries out at night. They have trays set out so you can put dishes on so you don't have to wait for your cabin steward to take. I rarely bring food into my cabin but with come back with a cocktail and water. I might bring back pizza or order room service. I just drop it off when Im done or on my way out. Great place to grab coffee thats not a trekk to the buffet or restaurant and fill my water bottle before an excursion. Also, you, if you chose, will make new friends solo cruising, too. I try to balance my alone time and social time. That's up to you and your personality traits. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, *MoonLady* said:

If I ever see a child, I'm reporting it immediately. That's no place for a kid. Shame on the parent who allowed it and those who let them in. I don't let anyone in the studio area. If they don't have a keyboard, they don't belong there.

Sorry, key card...that activates the doors. 

12 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

Maybe because Studio has  the special area that is protected by keycard?

I think SoloAlaska means that one can change the number of passengers to 1 but still have the ability to book other classes of cabins. That's true. I've considered booking another class and would grab a balcony if it was reasonable. But, your key card will not allow you in the solo lounge if you don't have a solo studio. So, make sure that you go to the meet up on the first night and that way other solos will recognize you and let you in. 

1 hour ago, *MoonLady* said:

Yes they do, maybe another title is solo cruise coordinator. It's a crewmember dedicated to solo cruisers. He or she will plan activities, dinners, etc. depending upon the solo cruiser participatants interests. They host the meet and greet everyday. The ones I've had have been helpful with scheduling or changing dinner plans that I had. 

That is a member of the Cruise Director’s staff. The person changes each week and they all take turns. Their job is to lead the nightly solo meeting and to arrange dinners for those interested solo travellers. Some go above and beyond and organize activities.

This is NOT a concierge and should not be described as such as the role of the concierge is very different than that of the Cruise Director’s Staff. 

• Like 2