coach heathrow to Southampton

we are looking at Cunard cruise which will depart from Southampton and return to London Heathrow so will leave car at Heathrow long stay and get coach to Southampton

Then can pick up car on return flight

However did a search on Cunard partner for coach transfer Heathrow to Southampton cruise port and its £80 per person one way

National express coach is £35 pp but only states to Southampton coach station not port

surely a taxi from coach station to port wont cost the £90 sifference for 2 of us?

Am I missing something? 

I did the National Express bus and then took a cab from the coach station to my hotel.  The next morning I took another cab to the port.  Definitely use National Express and then take a cab to the port!  It's not very far from the coach station.

For £90 I'll be happy to hire a Rolls-Royce and chauffeur you from the Nat Express bus station to your cruise terminal 🙂🙂🙂

But a taxi will cost you about £7 - £8 to Ocean cruise terminal or £9 -  £10 to QE11 terminal.

Small taxi rank at the coach station, but taxis also tend to breeze past looking for custom.

Yes, Cunard is a rip-off at £80 pp for LHR to Southampton/

But that's little different to most other cruise lines.

Ten years ago RCI were quoting $100 😮

I'm presuming you've got a reason for travelling from the wild & woolly north-east to Southampton via LHR

JB 🙂

9 hours ago, John Bull said:

For £90 I'll be happy to hire a Rolls-Royce and chauffeur you from the Nat Express bus station to your cruise terminal 🙂🙂🙂

But a taxi will cost you about £7 - £8 to Ocean cruise terminal or £9 -  £10 to QE11 terminal.

Small taxi rank at the coach station, but taxis also tend to breeze past looking for custom.

Yes, Cunard is a rip-off at £80 pp for LHR to Southampton/

But that's little different to most other cruise lines.

Ten years ago RCI were quoting $100 😮

I'm presuming you've got a reason for travelling from the wild & woolly north-east to Southampton via LHR

JB 🙂

thanks for the Rolls Rorce cauffeur offer-would be one way to meet you in person lol

Yes there is method behind madness of travelling from North East to Heathrow

our dusghter son in law and perhaps more important our 2 grandaughters live very near Heathrow so excuse to visit

its a QM2 transatlantic Southampton to New York with flight back to Heathrow

looking to leave car Heathrow then coach down to Southampton so car there on return

We could leave the car at daughters and get lift/taxi to airport coach station but the difficulty is getting taxi out of Heathrow-they either refuse to do the 10 minute journey or charge minimum £40!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

JB, if you are available, Wednesday, August 23…Duke of Wellington…7.30 p.m…for a pint and to say ‘hello’. CC get together…hope you can make it…CV…

Hi Vic,

That'd be good.

I've put it in my diary.

But no promises.

And no Rolls Royce's either 😏

JB 🙂

12 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Hi Vic,

That'd be good.

I've put it in my diary.

But no promises.

And no Rolls Royce's either 😏

JB 🙂

Looking forward to thanking you for all the splendid advice you provide.

Pity about the RR.

Cheers…

• Like 1